Serial Communication Query

• Hello,

I have a number of questions about the RS232 serial port on the DM7025+. If this question has been asked before, then apologies.

Although I am aware that the serial port is used for image flashing, I wish to use the serial port for remote control of the 7025. I wish to change the channels, volume level, standby, and display info text messages on the TV screen by simple commands over the serial port.

Questions:

1. Does the serial port support remote commands? Either by a software plugin or an alternative method?

2. If the answer is no, then can I modify the OpenEmbedded source code for access to the serial port?

I have test compiled an image using OpenEmbedded archive, this works OK. My experience with Linux is small, but I am learning quickly.

3. However, I am not sure what is the best approach my design. Should I write a plugin or modify the OpenEmbedded source code?

4. In the source code, the only reference I have seen to the serial port (ttys0) is in the PPP interface. Can this be modified for my application?

Any help will be useful :smiling_face:

Many thanks,
    Andrew.