7025 picture quality

• Hi. I have a DB7025 and I appear to have a problem with the image quality. Basicly it looks about as good as a VCD! On moving pictures the image turns into little blocks and there is no clarity at all. It is easy to see when for example a news reader in his grey jacket moves and his jacket turns into little blocks and all the shades of grey all have sharp edges. Also when watching a nighttime scene all the blacks turn into variuos little blocks and shades of black.
    I have installed the latest software from DMM.
    I am using a satellite receiver card
    I am viewing FTA.
    I have tried composite out and RGB out.
    If I stream to a PC the image is fine and very good.
    I have compared the image side by side with a topfield 3000 cipro and the topfield image is perfect.
    SNR 98%
    AGC 87%
    BER 0
    My question is does anybody else suffer the same problem? is there a fix? or is this just what you get for a AU$850 reciever

• The picture quality of the DM7025 should be at least as good, usually better, than comparable receivers. If you say that if you're streaming, the picture is ok, then it's not a reception problem or something.

However i'm not quite sure about your description - can you provide a photo, or even better, a capture from composite? What you describe looks for my like standard mpeg compression artifacts on low bitrates, but they should be visible the same on other receivers as well. I'm pretty sure that neither the TF nor any usual software decoder will do any graphics postprocessing, so it should look exactly the same as on 7025.

Does this also happen, for example, on "Das Erste" on Astra 19.2°? (just some channel i can watch too)