DM7020 No signal on Monoblock Twin LNB

• Box type: DM7020
    GUI :Enigma 1.09
    Firmware version: release 1.1.0, 17.10.2006 - FP Firmware 1.01

DM7020 No signal on Monoblock Twin LNB

Hello

I have a strange problem with my DM7020, my Sat antenna it's a Dual LNB monoblock with a single cable without a switch, connected direct to the dreambox with Hotbird on LNB0 and Astra on LNB1.

When i put a HotBird channel the signal it's blank SNR, BER etc. going crazy (numbers go up and down) and no channel on TV,this it's random because sometimes the channel it's visible in full signal; but if i go to an Astra channel it's all correct with full signal, when i return to the hotbird channel all going crazy, and a TV message "no channel found", the strange thing is when i touch the cable Sat Antenna, the channel it is looked fine but after some minute all going blank....

I have tried the receiver on an other system with 2 single LNB and a switch without problems, i have recorded the settings, but when i come in my house the same channels are not visible, i have changed the LNB with a new one but the problem persist, if i put a single satellite the vision it's correct sometimes, i have tried many original and homebrew firmware images on it with the same result, i'm very sad, this configuration it has worked properly more than a year without problems.....

It is broken?

Thank you to all

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Hernia ()

• Maybe it is polarization voltage problem? Switch off your DB, remove antenna and insert a bit of copper wire instead. Switch your DB on and select a V-polarized channel, e.g. Taquilla on Astra 19 (see info on TV screen). Measure DC voltage on the copper wire. In my case, it is 10-14V, no changing. Further, select a H-polarized channel, e.g. Premiere on Astra 19. Measure voltage again. Normally, it should be of order of 18V and no changing. I have pfroblem with H-polarized channels (channel not found), and voltage is jumping between 18 an 12V every 10 seconds.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mmikey ()