7025: Recording

• I have a 7025 and using a Conax CAM with my Canal Digital card. I start a recording on a CD channel and then try to look at another CD channel while recording. This don't work. I can only see FTA channels while recording from a CD channel. Isn't the whole point of having two tuners the possibility to do what I described ? It this due to unfinished SW for this tuner og will this never work ?

• This will never work due a hardware limitation of the CI.

The CI can only be used for one transport stream at a moment.

However:

- Some CI (but only very few, for example the Alphacrypt) support decoding two services at once on the same transponder. That could be supported in software, however won't help in your case. A second tuner doesn't help here.

- Some Receivers support encrypted recordings, and will decrypt while playback (or after the recording).

This, however, can't work reliable on most cryptosystems, and they don't allow playing back old encryption messages. It might work in certain situations (for example if played back on the same day or something), but it's something which a good cryptosystem should - in theory - forbid.

I don't know whether this feature is supported on the 7025, i don't think so, but i'm not sure.