DM800 fails to boot

• Yesterday my DM800HD PVR froze when initiating a recording on the HDD. The unit got uncorded and was left alone for some hours. Now it will not boot proprly anymore... It starts normaly when turning it on but boots approx 15% only to reboot and repeats 2-3 times before it shut itself off.

There is no problem to reflash an image - done it couple of times now but nothing changes. Though I have not yet tried to dismount the HDD nor the tuner yet..

What do you goys believe it is? damaged flashmemory or what? :angry_face: :face_with_open_mouth:

• After having detached the tuner the box starts perfect. I tried with another 401A tuner and it booted fine...but only worked a while and then same situation but this time the box was all dead until detaching the tuner again. I suspect that tuner wasn't in good condition either...
    I guess I'll have to order a new tuner and have considered a 801A instead - good choice? I have read about that this tuner should be compatible with Rev J mobo..

• The box f**ked up again with the other tuner just half an hour after mounting - and it remains dead until detatching the tuner from the mobo. Without a tuner it works like charm...wtf.... btw I do actually suspect that the replacement tuner was a bad device also cause my old one works like a charm in a another box (alps 401A)!!!

Wonder if my box would like to use a 801A instead (rev J mobo) or if perhaps the mobo itself is malfunctioning.

Anyone had similar experience?

• i am struggling with the exact same problem
    removed the tuner it boot fine if i plugin the tuner or a replace tuner
    i just bought also rev j nothing happens only endless reboot
    i have read trough other topics with a similar problem
    but not found a solution what can it be

• Maybe consider buying an original Dreambox next time.

• it is are a original box bought almost when they first came out long before there was clone boxes
    i think it was back in 2008
    and if its was a clonebox i would newer asking here in the original boxes forum