DM8000 HD keeps crashing in tuner configuration

• Hi!

As I keep trying to configure my LNB's under Service Searching), the software keeps crashing (and of course before saving
    the new settings). Any ideas for what to do?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Julf ()

• This was happening to me as well. I have a motorised system with Vbox, and had no problems with a Universal LNB. I recently replaced this with a Unicable LNB. This worked fine by itself, but when I tried to use the Vbox ( with diseqc 1.2 ) it started to crash, sometimes changing channels and sometimes just changing the tuner configuration.

For the last week there have been no crashes. I have fitted an Alps tuner and use this to control the Vbox. It seemed more stable if I selected "Measure motor current" and increased some of the timings in the diseqc parameters. I've also stopped using Tuner A and use Tuner B & the Alp. I still cannot set up my tuner configuration as I want it ( in nimmanager.py there is a comment that this is still ToDo ), but at least it seems stable. Also in the last week I have installed the latest OoZoon image. I'm still trying things out.

My 8000HD is a new model with BCM4506 tuners & I am suspicious of these. I expect most of the developers have older models with different tuners and perhaps don't see any problems.