NPT Time Syncing for DM800?

• Hello,

I have been trying for a long time now to find a simple plugin that will allow me to change whether the Dreambox gets its time and date from a transponder (default) or from manual setting / NPT Internet time server. The issue that I'm having is that the Transponder that I watch here in Asia is updating the system time every 5-10 minutes and that time is completly off from my time zone. It makes using the timer impossible as the time from the Transponder seems to vary in a random fashion.

I did find this old post which allows for a manual / script to update the system time from Internet but it has to be executed manually and in my case with automatic transponder upodates every 5-10 minutes it is not very useful.
    The clock on the 7025 shows the wrong time

Is there any way to disable the system auto update so that the time is kept at my time zone? Or how would i get a script to run every 5 minutes so that the Internet time is updated more frequently than the Transponder time updates?

Thanx for any help and advise.

• I might of found a solution today, I created the files as per the post #6: The clock on the 7025 shows the wrong time then added the .sh extension to the Shell Script and then created a CRON to run the script every 5 minutes. So far this seems to be working to maintain the correct time so I will have to see how it works out when doing some Timer Recordings........ :thumbs_up:

• you can add in /etc/enigma2/settings :
    config.misc.useTransponderTime=True/False
    to enable/disable Transpondertime-Usage

DM8000HD | DM7020HD | DM800HD | DM800HD | DM7020 | DM7000

• you can add in /etc/enigma2/settings :
    config.misc.useTransponderTime=True/False
    to enable/disable Transpondertime-Usage

Thanx for the tip....however everytime i edit the settings file by adding the above line and restart the box the new line is removed from the settings file.......any ideas on why that is? Also I notice that when the box first restarts the time is set as 08:00 01.01.2001 before the transponder time kicks in which is around 1.5 hours ahead of my actual location time and then varies at random.

• Thanks for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
    :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: