Use DM800HD as a multicast RTP stream receiver

• I have a couple of DM800HDs, which I want to use to receive UDP multicast stream from VLC server (something like this). Those boxes would be un-manned, so I want them to boot into RTP mode and stay that way, just play what is being broadcast by VLC server.

I am not sure where to start with this. First off, I need to be able to put them into a mode where they would listen to a milticast stream. I tried vlcf, but it does not seem to offer such functionality. Does enigma2 support UDP streaming at all? How do I turn it on? Then I need to turn them in such mode on a boot time instead of via GUI.

Is it possible to do by modifying Python scripts? Can someone give me a pointer :confused_face: ?

• My first bet would be on gst-launch. Don't use enigma, just start gst-launch on boot. You'll need some extra gst plugins, hopefully already included in the feed. Remember to set the video output to dvbvideosink and the audio output to dvbaudiosink or the alsaink. The challenge is to find the right plugins and to construct the right commandline for gst-launch.
    Some examples for rtp streaming: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gs…d/tree/tests/examples/rtp
    Searching for plugins: ipkg list "*udp*" and: ipkg list "*rtp*"

I can't help you any further though, but I hope this will give you a kickstart.