Unless I unplug F connector every time: I cannot get Horizontal High Band Frequencies on DM7020

• Hello,

I would really appreciate some of your experts help as I really struggle last week or more to get the picture for some of ART and OSN packages on my receiver.
    I have DM7020Si with E1 4.70 on it.
    System in building is centralized and with three antennas:
    1. Hotbird with Universal LNB
    2. Nilesat with non-standard LNB [Quattro LNB Eurostar] ( supporting company says “just set up to 10600 ”
    3. Nilesat with non-standard LNB [Quattro LNB Eurostar] ( supporting company says “just set up to 10600 ”
    4. Have tried E1 4.70 and E2 4.4 and I have refreshed satelites.xml but it did not help.
    If I use cheap TECHNOSAT FTA - there is no problem I can get all channels with next settings performed by service which maintains the building’s SMATV:
    LNB 1 – Universal
    Sat Hotbird
    DiseqC command: 1
    22 Hz – Auto
    0/12 V? set to 0V
    --------------------------------
    LNB 2 – 10600
    Sat : Nilesat
    DiseqC command: 2
    22 Hz – Off
    0/12 V? set to 0V
    ------------------------------------
    LNB 3 – 10600
    Sat : Badr
    DiseqC command : 2
    22 Hz – Off
    0/12 V? set to 0V
    -------------------------------------------------
    If I use my DM7020 in Satellite shop near by - with simple A/B settings – I can get all channels
    But, I cannot get High band Horizontal Channels on 7W in my flat:
    I have tried the following:
    1. Tested different Power supply spots – did not resolved the issue
    2. Tested different settings for LOF/L{H} and threshold - – did not resolved the issue
    3. Measured voltage on F connector while changing from V to H frequency
    Nothing helped.
    · Hotbird is getting signal only when set up as DiseqC command A/B
    · Nilesat and Arabsat are locked only if set as DiseqC command 1 and 2 respectively
    But I cannot get high band Horizontal frequencies unless I disconnect F connector and reconnect only central copper wire to LNB input on dreambox.
    I have tried all frequency combinations that I found on net. Nothing worked. Then, I've perused this problem by Google and look at the solutions that other suggested. All this would be faster if I have had internet but still I do not.

There was one man saying he resolved a problem by loosing f connector. I have set required channel by remote, I 've disconnected antenna cable on the back and connect only central copper wire to the box and channel worked!!!

I set the settings as on my TECHNOSAT [please refer to attached shots].

But I cannot get the picture back on the same channel ( signal is OK but not as strong as in the first place) if I change to another channel and again back to previous ( box is saying : "... Service could not be found...")

in two cases:

1) If I switch to another Vertical high band Freq on same sat ( 7W)

2) If I switch to Hotbird channel ( V or H)

So tuner is showing picture only if I swap between horizontal frequency channels on the same sat ( this is valid only to Nilesat)

Once I change to Vertical on 7 W or any other HB channel and if I want picture back on those Horizontals on 7 W I need to take cable out and connect again only central copper wire?!
    Second Problem is following:

While I enjoy these Horizontal Frequency channels on 7W and I swap to Vertical Channel to 7 W then I cannot see this Vertical Channel ( - "... Service could not be found...") neither Horizontal again unless I reconnect antenna again

NOTE: All this happen as well if I have other settings on LOF/L{H} and other threshold like Universal LNB settings or even higher frequencies for threshold

Please advice what to do and why such awkward behavior?

I have done measurements on DM output while changing from V to H

Only if I have settings on receiver DiseqC Command for LNB as AA AB BA AB or BB it changes voltage fast from 13 to 18 respectively.

Since Hotbird is set as A/B command it switches properly

But Nilesat and Arabsat are set as 1 and 2 commands for DiseqC - and in such case voltage is changing but very slow - it takes 6 seconds to swap between 13 to 18V.

Then I set up everything with AA AB BB BA combinations and I ve tried many ...

Unfortunately on Nilesat and Arabsat I cannot tune- it does not find anything in case commands are AA AB BB BA combinations. But it does switch voltage faster while changing between H to V polarization.

When I change commands for Nilesat and Badr to 1 and 2 respectively then I can tune but not horizontals

On Hotbird situation is opposite

It only works/tune with DiseqC command A/B and if I set it as 1,2,3 it does not tune at all.

I do perform soft reboot every time I change settings.

I have either this LNB:

ESKD-Q4

SPECIFICATIONS
    Wide Ku Band Coverage
    Analog and Digital Compatible
    Low Noise Figure
    High Conversion Gain
    High Cross Polar Isolation
    Excellent D.R.O. Stability
    Low Harmonic Distortion
    Stable Phase Noise over temperature performance
    Reliable weather proofing
    Noise figure: 0.5 dB
    Conversion gain: 62 dB(Max)
    DC Current Consumption: 250 mA
    RF INPUT :Low Band 10.7~11.7 GHz
    :High Band 11.7~12.75 GHz
    IF Output :Low Band 950~1950 MHz
    :High Band 1100~2150 MHz
    L.O. Frequency :Low Band 9.750 GHz
    :High Band 10.600 GHz
    Operating Voltage :8~18 VDC

===================================

OR THIS ONE:

QP4-GOLD

SPECIFICATIONS
    Wide Ku Band Coverage, Four output
    Analog and Digital Compatible
    Low Noise Figure
    High Conversion Gain
    High Cross Polar Isolation
    Excellent D.R.O. Stability
    Low Harmonic Distortion
    Stable Phase Noise over temperature performance
    Reliable weather proofing
    Noise figure: 0.3 dB
    Conversion gain: 64 dB(Max)
    DC Current Consumption: 210 mA
    RF INPUT :Low Band 10.7~11.7 GHz
    :High Band 11.7~12.75 GHz
    IF Output :Low Band 950~1950 MHz
    :High Band 1100~2150 MHz
    L.O. Frequency :Low Band 9.750 GHz
    :High Band 10.600 GHz
    Operating Voltage :Vertical 10~14.5 VDC
    :Horizontal 16~20 VDC
    Band Switching :Low Band 0 Hz
    :High Band 22 KHz

=======================================================

• I have resolved all problems and back to usable environment

1. First I have done Factory reset
    2. Then I set only one satellite using all three set to 10600
    3. Then I set DiSeqC to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,AA,AB,AB,BA,BB respectively each time doing factory reset and searching on 7W
    4. I have noticed that on DiSeqC set to command 1 it finds only Verticals and if set on 3 ?! it finds only Horizontals
    5. I ve performed search going back to DiSeqC set as command 1
    6. Then I added imaginary satellite 18W and set it as DiSeqC 3 and manually entered all Horizontal frequencies which resulted in locking and finding all channels
    7. Now I can switch and use all programs having 18W and 7W
    If nobody knows why this happen and how it works now since my route problem is resolved I would like to close this thread