Trying to set up passwordless ssh into my Dreambox

• Hi,

I have dropbear on my Dreambox, and I can ssh into my box. However, as with all my Linux machines, I would like to setup passwordless SSH between the boxes at home.
    For my server, I have followed the usual procedure of creating a key on the desktop, copying it over to the server and appending it to my user's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
    However, I'm not quite sure where this key would go for the dropbear. First, the keys on my desktop are openSSH keys, not dropbear. I hear there's a converter that could turn them into dropbear format, but I don't have that program.
    Even if I did convert my desktop's key into the appropriate format, I don't know where this would go on the dreambox anyway.

Anyone done this before?

Thanks,
    JP

P.S. I have two DM500s and a DM7000, so I need this thing pretty badly, as I'm always fumbling for the right password.

• Success!
    I've downloaded the dropbear source code on my desktop, built it, and now I have the conversion tool, dropbearconvert.
    This has allowed me to convert my existing openSSH key to dropbear format.
    However, that step was not needed!

All I needed to do was to create the authorized_keys file on my dream, just as I would have created it on any other computer, containing the public key of my desktop (host where my sessions will start from), and deploy this file into /var/.ssh directory.
    How did I know that was where I should put it? Simply checked the /var/scripts/dropbear_script.sh, the script used by enigma to control the dropbear daemon, and noticed that this script ensures the existence of /var/.ssh directory (if it doesn't exist, create it).

My success was partial because it only worked on 2 out of my 3 dreamboxes. Funnily enough, it worked on the DM7000 and one of the DM500s, but not on the other DM500, where I'm still prompted for a password. All boxes are running the latest ****** image, so the two 500s should literally be identical.

Case closed!