How to find if DM 7025+ is genuine? Cannot follow the manual

• Hello guys,

I want to find if my Dreambox is genuinue or not. I have instaled the latest image from this web page (especially because I wanted to check if is it genuinue or not).
    When I press blue button, (by the manual) I should get menu and an option "genuine box" of something similar. This should generate a code, which I need to type into this web page. The problem is, that when I press blue button, there is no such an option.

I want to check, if the DB is genuinue, because I boulgt it just recently from eBay and the seller claims, that the box is original. Obviously I want to check this.

Could you help me, please?

Many many thanks

• Where is that outstanding support from Dream Multimedia?

I sent 2 emails to Dream Multimedia and no response whatsoever. Just some ticked number.

I would get better support from clone aimed forums with the clone, than from Dream Multimedia with ORIGINAL!

Why should people buy original DreamBoxes? What is the advantage?? Is there ANY support from Dream Multimedia, or do people just help each other? :pouting_face:

Does Dream Multimedia support English speaking customer?

• You bought on Ebay?
    Was it new or used?
    If new, did you buy from authorizes dealer (see Dream site for dealers) - (ps. even "authorized" dealers may sell clones fore all we know....)
    Where was it shipped from? - from China = clone
    What was the price? - too cheap = clone

• Sorry for bothering you.

Kodo I sent 3 emails to support, all I got was just ticket number. That was the reason why I post the question on the forum.
    I was in the time pressure, because if it would be a clone, I would send it back.

I read all relevant manuals on this page and found how to check originality. It didn't work, no plugin available. I hope, that you will understand, that I raised this issue with the manufacturer.

I bought DM from eBay as used and the seller was claiming, it is genuine. This means nothing to me. I bought it for 240 GBP+12 GBP postage. This means nothing to me. Many people bought clones for the price of original. Average price doesn't mean, that the product is genuine.

I was trying to find as appropriate section as possible. If I put it somwhere else, I'm sorry. I did my best. I didn't put it into DM600, but DM7025 section (I believe).

Today I got an email from Dream Multimedia. The guy asked me for serial number, that he will check originality by SN. I asked him, how is it with the plugin, which they mention on the page as a fighting tool against clones. He didn't say anything about it. He said, that the Dream Box is original (based on serial number). Strange... China has no problem to replicate a hologram, so I cannot see a problem, to buy one original, check serial number and use this SN on 10.000 clones.

However, I got confirmation, that the box is original. When I'll be selling it, I'll use it as a proof.

Many thanks for the help.

Nyrethym