Problem with a motorised system

• I have a DM800 with a motorised dish system setup to use USALS. I have a problem with the system. If I am tuned on 13 degrees and try to switch to a channel on say 28 degrees, the dish completes the move, the channel on the 28 degrees satellite comes briefly through and then the dish rotates back to the 13 degrees position (or the reference position, I am not sure). Once it reaches this position, it then starts to move back to the 28 degrees postion only to move back to the original position. It continues with this to-and-fro motion until I switch to a different channel again or I switch off the DM800. At other times this odd behaviour is not exhibited at all. In fact, I try to reboot the machine before moving to a new satellite position, however this is no guarantee that it would work. This behaviour is exhibited in motion between any two satellite positions, even say between 13 and 19 degrees. I find that tuning to a station on the 13 degrees position stabilises most of the time this to-and-fro behaviour, maybe because 13 is close to the reference position, but even here this is not always the case. Sometimes it oscillates also around the 13 degrees position.

I have checked the wiring and motor using another satellite receiver and the dish motion was correct, so it seems that there is something wrong with the DM800.

Any help whatsoever would be most welcome, especially since this seems to be an intermittent fault. Sometimes it works, and many other times it doesn't. Could the distance between the dish and the receiver be a problem (however as I said, another receiver that I used (Humax) worked perfectly)?

• A short update on the above problem.

I have noticed that if I switch to vertically polarised channels, the satellite dish would move to the correct position and stays there. On the other hand, on horizontally polarised channels, the dish still goes to the satellite position only to move backward and forward between the reference position and the correct satellite position.

It could be a problem of not enough current being supplied by the dm800, but it could also be a timing problem in the DiSEqC commands, especially since the motor is moving.

Any comments?