DM800 DISEqC Motor "Major Issue"

• Hi,

I have owned the dm500 / dm7000 and have never had any issues with moving my dish / storing positions until now.

I have owned my dm800 for around a year now and have had nothing but complete hell with the motor control. I have tried all different kind of FW all with the same issue. The dish sporadically goes to what appears to be 0 degrees and astra 19e backwards and forwards over and over. I managed to store 28e 19e 16e 13e after hours of pain with the dish not stopping when i press stop on the recevier, the dish continues to GO EAST / GO WEST.

I have to keep flicking between say 19e ZDF and 13e Abu Dhabi TV to actually get it to finally move to the correct position. Most of the time the dish just flies past the position and goes to 0 then starts the backwards and forwards motion.

My father also has the dm800 and has exactly the same issue with the dish going backwards and forwards, he has reverted back to his dm7000 just to move the dish correctly.

USALS does not work on my setup and I have tried all of the settings in expert menu, all don't seem to make a difference....

DMM what are you doing about this issue :question_mark:

• Courtesy of another member on this forum, VERTICAL channels work perfectly when changing satellites.

So I have setup buttons 1 - 4 on my remote control to be all vertical channels and renamed them as the satellite name.

eg ITV 1 (28e) is button 1

DSF (19e) button 2

Antenna 2 (16e) button 3

Abu Dhabi TV (13e) button 4

now moving between satellites works perfectly when staying on VERTICAL.

DMM any ideas what the issue is?????