Posts by Vahid_Tweak

Now I’m using dm900 and dm520 models except dreamone, and I have’nt any problem with external hard NTFS formated.

Anyways, this is a serious problem with the dreambox one model that is not typical in other models like dm920, dm900, dm520, dm820, dm7080, dm7020...

However, it is working perfectly on other models like dm920, dm520 and dm7020.

How to mount it correctly?

I formatted the external HDD as ntfs and 64k. But the receiver didn't recognize the hard drive and following message is displayed👇👇

1. Please post the output of the follwing command executed on the Dream One via ssh or telnet:

Code
    1. cat /proc/mounts

2. what blocksize did you use when formatting the NTFS - keep in mind that this is now a 64 Bit Linux and NOT 32 Bit anymore and recordings are BIG files, which means you should use the biggest possible blocksize and NOT the default one your PC might have proposed.

opendreambox 2.6.0 dreambox

dreambox login: root

Password:

root@dreambox:~# cat /proc/mounts

/dev/root / ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

devtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=285884k,nr_inodes=71471,mode=755 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0

/dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/ba ext4 rw,noatime,nodiratime,nodelalloc,data=journal 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0

securityfs /sys/kernel/security securityfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0

tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755 0 0

tmpfs /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd 0 0

pstore /sys/fs/pstore pstore rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/debug cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,debug 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/devices cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/memory cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/schedtune cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,schedtune 0 0

systemd-1 /data autofs rw,relatime,fd=11,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=544 0 0

mqueue /dev/mqueue mqueue rw,relatime 0 0

debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0

tmpfs /tmp tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0

configfs /sys/kernel/config configfs rw,relatime 0 0

fusectl /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw,relatime 0 0

/etc/auto.misc /misc autofs rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=454,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect,pipe_ino=18947 0 0

-hosts /net autofs rw,relatime,fd=12,pgrp=454,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect,pipe_ino=18204 0 0

/etc/auto.hotplug /autofs autofs rw,relatime,fd=18,pgrp=454,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect,pipe_ino=4519 0 0

/etc/auto.network /media/net autofs rw,relatime,fd=24,pgrp=454,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect,pipe_ino=18953 0 0

/dev/dreambox-data /data ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

root@dreambox:~#

Why users of other Dreambox models haven’t had any problems with external hard drives NTFS formatted?

As a customer I thought I’m responsible to report the problem. I believe Dreambox also is responsible to fix that problem for the customers.

I was wondering why users of other Dreambox models haven’t had any problems with NTFS formatted external drives!!

thanks a lot

You can't compare the NTFS performance under windows with the NTFS performance under Linux. As the posters above already tried to tell you: NTFS under Linux ist a performance killer, anyway you use it local or over ftp.

I think our discussion is going off the topic.

My main concern is why the NTFS formatted external drives have not been working correctly in the dream one models. However, it is working perfectly on other models like dm920, dm520 and dm7020.

Recording to an NTFS formatted drive is not a good idea. Use a EXT3/4 formatted drive. I wouldn't be surprised the problem is gone afterwards

Anyways, this is a serious problem with the dreambox one model that is not typical in other models like dm920, dm900, dm520, dm820, dm7080, dm7020...

So this issue should be fixed in dreambox one.

In addition, personally I’d like to record on an external hard drive with NTFS format. Because it can easily get disconnected from the receiver. Also it is faster and more convenient to transfer the data to a computer (windows OS) by a USB port.

I think this is a broken transmission by the provider of this channel. Do you have any audio hic-up while watching this channel in live mode?

In fact, I do not have any problems watching this channel live!

Actually, I have a problem with playback on my hard drive.

Unfortunately, after a few minutes of viewing the channel, the image will automatically pause unfortunately.

Although I do not touch the remote control. It always pauses itself without touching anything like the remotes button.

My problem with watching this channel is not broadcast live.It's just about playing back the recorded channels on my hard drive. (External HDD, NTFS Format)

In fact I have no problems, If I have a problem with playing all recorded channels from a provider on my hard drive.

Unfortunately, after a few minutes watching the channel, the picture is automatically paused.

Although I do not touch the remote. It always stops without touching the remote control button. My problem watching this channel is not broadcast live. It's just about playing the recorded channels on my hard drive.

Dear developers i have a problem with recording and playing in dreambox one. When i play Recorded Movies From Hdd Sometimes pauses randomly,

I have the button to play it correctly !!

When the number of almost forwards is higher, the intensity of dizziness will increase .