MKV with AC3 and DTS

• In previous images it was not a problem to have a MKV with both AC3 and DTS sound. To have it played correctly, if was enough to select the AC3 audio stream.
    In the most recent images, there is a message that DTS Audio stream cannot be played. It is not possible to select the AC3 audio stream.

Please make it possible to select the playable audio stream.

• Habe eben auch zum 1. mal ein MKV mit MP Deluxe und normalen MP probiert.

1. MKV H.264 mit DTS
    2. MKV H.264 mit AC3

1. Bild bleibt schwarz mit MP deluxe und bei MP kommt Meldung "this .... can't decode AC-3 audio streams"
    2. AC-3 Ton 1A, aber Bild mit vielen Artefakten und pixelig. Also unbrauchbar!

Wieso kann die DM8000 keine MKV sauber abspielen?
    Liegt es an der DM8000 oder an Enigma?

Gruß
    Dirk

• mkv ist kein offiziell unterstütztes Format auf der Dreambox... Versuche doch einfach, den container mit tsmuxer in einen ts zu muxen und dann auf der Dream wiedergeben.. Das sollte einwandfrei funktionieren...

Samsung QE55Q6FGMTXZG
    3x DM900 UHD, 1x DM820HD, 2x DM520HD
    Sony UBP-X700
    Spaun Multi-Switch 9962; 2x LNB Alps Quattro Astra 19.2°, Hotbird 13°
    Telestar Digibit R1

• I also have found 3 more issues with MKV's.

• Subtitles are bigger and a bit yellow-ish. With the same skin DVB-subtitles are smaller and wither.
    • After exiting mediaplayer (and returning to tv-mode) there is no more sound. I have to reboot to have sound back again. Maybe this is caused by trying to play a mkv with dts.
    • The subtitle-selection screen doesn't show the correct language anymore. I have a MKV with 3 subtitles (English, Dutch, Turkish) and all of them are listed as English. Also it seems that the subtitle-list order is reversed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von OKA ()

• Still having problems with a 20090529-enigma-image:

• MKV's with DTS sound don't play at all. Also no message saying it cannot decode DTS streams. In previous versions it was also not possible to plat a MKV with DTS sound, but it was possible to select another audio stream (AC3) to have it played.
    • Playing a MKV with a subtitle works for a while, but it crashes. Without the subtitle it plays correctly.
    • The subtitles can be skinned, but must be improved. The shadow should be replaced by a border, just like subtitles on a DVD or embedded subtitles on regular broadcasting.
    • Subtitles are to wide (even using a condensed font), so they are cut into more lines. In the worst case you have 4 lines of subtitles.
    • Autoresolution doesn't work anymore on MKV's with 1080p24. Manually using telnet still works.
    • All subtitles are still listed as English.

Are these problems going to be resolved?

• Fraxinas, is possible to fix this ac3 problem. I have some movies with this ac3 audio and there's no sound or sound is "torn" or missing all time. When I turn on "AC3 downmix" is ok but without this not.

This is info from audio codec in this movie:

" Dre@mBox & Techno 4eve® "

• Just installed a new image with enigma-date 04.06.2009.

• MKV with DTS audio. Still not possible to select the playable audio-stream.
    • Subtitles still crashes after a while.
    • Autoresolution still does not work.
    • Subtitle language is not displayed as "English" anymore but as "Subtitle x" (where x is a number).
    • MKV's with format like 1920x800 are stretched out vertically. In previous version this was OK.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Autores has been fixed today, it should work tomorrow in all experimental images.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• sorry, but there is another prob now, no picture when playing an mkv 720p contain and the tv screen shows no signal...1080p24 work great :question_mark:

• Just installed a new image with enigma-date 23.08.2009.

• MKV with DTS audio. It works OK now if there is a playable audiostream. :thumbs_up:
    • Subtitles still crashes after a while. So far no more crashes. :thumbs_up:
    • Autoresolution still does not work. It works OK now. :thumbs_up:
    • Subtitle language is not displayed as "English" anymore but as "Subtitle x" (where x is a number). Still not OK. :thumbs_down:
    • MKV's with format like 1920x800 are stretched out vertically. In previous version this was OK. Is OK now. :thumbs_up:

Furthermore, it is still not possible to have decent subtitles. It should be like graphical-subtitles, so white characters with black outlined borders.

• Short and sweet:
    Passthrough - native support.
    Downmix - with dreamdts. (Not perfect, though. Some problems when jumping, i.e. slight distortions shortly afterwards and/or sometimes no sound for ~10 seconds until audio/video is in sync again)

• Short and sweet:
    Passthrough - native support.
    Downmix - with dreamdts. (Not perfect, though. Some problems when jumping, i.e. slight distortions shortly afterwards and/or sometimes no sound for ~10 seconds until audio/video is in sync again)

Dreamdts is the only plugin available for this purpose? Works only on image gemini? Works in Openpli?

The plugin that performs the Newnigma downmix is the same?

• It's the one I use. No idea if there are other ones and/or why there would be a need for those.
    Dreamdts should work in every CVS image - no need for GP3 or similar.
    Of course you will need a genuine dreambox and the genuine dreambox plugin for dreamdts to work.

Afaik dreamdts was coded by one of the NN guys - so they probably use it in their own images, too.

You could have answered most, if not all, of your questions by googling, btw.