Automated audio and subtitles selection

• Hi

Enigma2 has already decent, subtitle and audio language functionality.
    But the automatic language selection is still missing.
    Embarrassing - even 50 euros DVB-T/C/S box's have this auto language feature...

Subtitle:
    - Auto selection: on/off
    - Preferred type : DVB-->Teletext, Teletext-->DVB
    - 1st: lang A
    (- 2nd: lang B)

Audio:
    - Preferred type : AC3-->MPEG, MPEG--> AC3

Nice to have feature - EPG:

PS. this audio/subtile auto selection should be also work, with recorded movie playback.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von elmo ()

• dear DMM Developers,
    i still remember how long story were implementing these obviously feature into Enigma1, but that toke "just" half of year
    auto audio cahnnel(Left/Rigt) swich on dream(without other image)

why adding few lines of code to Enigma2 must take a lot longer?!
    thanks for PM from another image developer Littlesat, he shown how this feature is going to implemented to [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator], but im not a fan of this image
    and think that simple things must come by default

in case devolopers have limited imagination
    (cant imagine someone can have more audiotrack titles than `German` and box can receive signal from 24xLNBs instead single Astra1 19East)
    lets combine your programmer skils and users opinion and feelings
    i will describe how it must look from user side:
    add to Audio selection menu new option button(it can be 'MENU', currently not in use),
    which calls sub menu with that choices:
    1. [add audiotrack to priorities list]; which adds currently selected track title to priorities list
    2. [change order of priorities]; opens some sub menu where by keys OK+Up+Down change order of unlimited list of tracktitles, and Red button to Remove selected tracktitle from prio list

technicaly,
    priority parameter stored in /etc/enigma2/settings
    by line config.audio.LanguagePriority=Latvian#Russian#rus#English#englisch#engl#orj#dos#ORY#orig#org#Tonoption 2#Undetermined
    and used in combinaytion with `config.av.defaultac3=` to change order of audiotracks when read PMT

Receivers: dm920sstsst; dm900sst; dm8000sstt <-Diseq1x4(1.0)<-3x Diseq1x10(1.1)<-
    Dishes:
    1.8m + 42E;36E;28E;23E;19E;16E
    1.6m + 13E;10/9E;5E;1W;8W
    1.6m + 75E;85E
    1.1m + 53/55E;60E
    1.1m + 12W;18W;24W
    1.0m + 15W;22W;30W
    1.0m + 7E;4/5W
    TVs: Philips 46pfl9707s; Philips 42pfl9703h

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Hereby I anounce that DMM could take over the solution I committed into the enigma2 open brench of our team. If you need further information, help or suggestions they are free to contact me.

Possibly it could be added to the plugin contest - but in fact it is not a plugin - but a patch :winking_face:

Due to leackage of time I'm not able to create a opendreambox build and therefore create a direct diff for opendreambox. Probably another one can help.

Modified source files from our team to merge are: setup.xml, menu.xml, audioSelection.py, UsuageConfig.py, pmt.cpp, pmt.h, servicedvb.cpp, InfoBarGenerics.py.