How to change subtitle text color?

• How do I change the subtitle text color?
    For some reason it's blue now, I want to change it to white.

Feel free to answer in german

• yeah make an option for color and size.. now it's unusable with that ugly color and big size...

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try the plugin "2sub", it should do what you need.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• yes ofcourse you can use 2sub but many dm800/8000 owners have problem with HD skins and 2sub...
    2sub also have problems on recordings... only option for them is to use internal big ugly blue subtitle or be without subtitle...
    older versions works better but they don't work with dm800/8000...
    shouln't be so hard to fix that subtitle thing to something normal like white and smaller...

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• 2sub has great looking subtitles, but as Leatherface said it does not work properly on recordings.
    Enigma 2 teletext subtitling works, but the blue color is extremely ugly.

It must be a hex-value somewhere, so it should only take a second to change. Please, can someone from Dream either change it from baby blue to white or just point me in the right direction so that I can change it myself.

• I also think it would be great if you could change det color and size of the subtitles, because when i use 2sub there is some channels where the subtitles are encodet and the subtitles 2sub finds dosen't match the program. So every time i have to see those channels i have to deactivate 2sub :pouting_face: , So it is not very useful to me.

• You can't just change the file, you need to compile enigma2 afterwards. That means that you need to have the development toolchain. The file probably does not exist on the Dreambox, I think it's included into /usr/bin/enigma2 when compiling.

I published the code on github, although I only published my branch so you need to clone first, tell git to track branch "gustav" and then check out the code:
    git clone git://github.com/gusax/enigma2mod.git
    (warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout)
    cd enigma2mod
    git branch --track master origin/gustav
    git checkout master

What I did was run the dreambox makefile 1.5, press ctrl-c when it started to compile enigma2, do my small modifications, and then run the dreambox makefile again. If I just compile enigma2 and upload that to the dreambox, I get a segmentation fault :frowning_face:
    I need to do the whole image, and then install that via Barry Allen to make it work. If anyone knows how to properly recompile just enigma2, please tell me how :smiling_face:

• I found the fault that caused the segmentation error: Filezilla uploaded enigma2 in ascii mode instead of binary mode. When I switch to binary mode, it works as expected. So if you compile it yourself, be sure to upload enigma2 in binary mode :smiling_face:

• If i understand it correct, when you have compiled you get a file named enigma2.bb, then you should copy it to /usr/enigma2/ and give the dreambox the command killall enigma2, then it will update the code.

Do this also work with gemi images.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Andersmi ()

• No you need to compile enigma2 yourself and it will only work with cvs images...
    info how to do it:
    http://opendreambox.org/

• Linux is not my kind of OS :astonished_face: But i finally got it to get the enigma with git clone git://github.com/gusax/enigma2mod.git.

i checked the esubtitle.cpp and it is chanced.

But how do I compile the code with dreambox makefile 1.5.

When i use the command make -f Makefile-opendreambox-1.5 image
    I get some of merge errors and this in the end make: *** [/home/anders/dm8000/openembedded/.git] Error 1

• This is the 1.0 patch. It provides:
    * White teletext subtitles
    * Proper linebreaks (before, both subtitle lines were concatenated together, making them very hard to read)
    * Normal looking font size (28%, down from 36%)
    * Automatic font scaling, font will be the same height regardless of skin resolution.

Screenshot: http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=47570
    (Ignore the blocky video, screenshots look like that.)

Six files were modified:

lib/dvb/teletext.h
    lib/dvb/teletext.cpp

lib/gdi/gfbdc.h
    lib/gdi/gfbdc.cpp

lib/gui/esubtitle.h
    lib/gui/esubtitle.cpp

Diff exported from git attached.
    You can also pull from github: http://github.com/gusax/enigma2mod/tree/gustav
    Note that the branch is called "gustav" and not "master". Don't know how to change that to master yet :-/

• ithink it's better to provide this patch on enigma2 mailinglist. i think subtitles looks much better with this patch and this should be in the official git.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• ithink it's better to provide this patch on enigma2 mailinglist. i think subtitles looks much better with this patch and this should be in the official git.

I've mailed it to enigma2-devel, hope that was the right address :smiling_face:

• I would prefer to have this fix also in git...

I think that if you download the patch to your copy of enigma2, and then run

git apply whiteSubtitles.txt

it should patch your git repository automatically.

That way, you don't have to wait for the patch to appear in the official git repository.