How to change subtitle text color?

• On openpli we have a solution for all teletekst colors and formatting (break lines).

The only thing we need still to change is that when there are more colors in one line that we now only use the initial color. This is difficult as the painter currently only allows one color setting in a string...

• Well nice work but that doesn't help us that want to use other images...
    And about colors... I just want white subtitles and nothing else so it's no problem for me atleast.
    Why different colors in subtitles?
    Another nice thing would be automatic subtitles in some language like Swedish.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

• To make them all white can still be overruled by the subtitle parameters in the skin or even skin_user.xml.... Other images and even opendreambox can commit it from openPLi.

• I know but most images use official git and will have broken subtitles.
    That makes the internal subtitles useless in all images.
    It should be fixed in DMM's git.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• Last weekend we (or better Pieter) finalized (as far we know) the subtitles in openpli, with nice bordered/outlined subtitles with orriginal linebreaks and optinal in correct color (white or orriginal) and location (teletekst location or all at bottom with adjustment)

Indeed I agree it should be in DMM's git but it is up to them...

In some places this code goes deep into low-level code (rendering and blitting) to get the subtitles correctly. This is required for the bordered/outlined characters and to make it possible to have multiple colors on one centered textline.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Littlesat ()

• Last weekend we (or better Pieter) finalized (as far we know) the subtitles in openpli, with nice bordered/outlined subtitles with orriginal linebreaks and optinal in correct color (white or orriginal) and location (teletekst location or all at bottom with adjustment)

Indeed I agree it should be in DMM's git but it is up to them...

In some places this code goes deep into low-level code (rendering and blitting) to get the subtitles correctly. This is required for the bordered/outlined characters and to make it possible to have multiple colors on one centered textline.

Thank you Littlesat! I will make sure to try PLi out.

• AGN request for DMM to make a FIX for subtitles in CVS
    not for me but for thousands of users that they need.

It has already become tiring responding to posts on the forums abt this problem.

Rgd MX

• Atleast use openPLi's solution from their repository.
    That would make many people happy.

• It was that i ment.
    Using PLi's solution in DMM's git.

• Did anyone of PLI already submit a diff to the enigma2 Developer list?
    I already did some times... And if the code is not to "ugly" then DMM- developers for sure will use it!

Just send your diff / suggestions to:

enigma2-devel@lists.elitedvb.net

And here you find the information about the list:

https://lists.elitedvb.net/pipermail/enigma2-devel/

The developers do not monitor all threads in this forum all the time... But if you send the code to them, they will check.

Best regards
    Tode

• How many posts should be writen to have fix for the subtitles in CVS

10000 or 20000

Stop making fix for totally unimportant things in relation to this problem

people asking on all forums every day.

• Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam?

I know it is tedious to read always the same,
    not only to you from DMM but also to us the forum administrators
    and teams that make alternative images with CVS base.

We have ask several times (couple of years) to look at this problem
    There is more or less usable solution ,[Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]

It would be nice to implement this in CVS
    or to give an answer why can not be implemented,

So that we can provide this information to DMM customers
    and users of our images.

Thanks agn

MX

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• I agree everywhere people is complaining about the internal subtitles.
    As it is now it's totaly useless and even a cheap crap box for 50€ can display subtitles correctly.
    And SRT subtitles is also broken if they are in other than format than UTF-8.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()