How to change subtitle text color?

• You can fix the position of TeleSub and DvbSubs by changeing SubtitleDisplay in skin.xml placed in usr/share/enigma2/<skin>.

This should be changede to.

<screen name="SubtitleDisplay" position="280,110" size="720,576" zPosition="-1" flags="wfNoBorder" backgroundColor="transparent"/>

• You can fix the position of TeleSub and DvbSubs by changeing SubtitleDisplay in skin.xml placed in usr/share/enigma2/<skin>.

<screen name="SubtitleDisplay" position="280,110" size="720,576" zPosition="-1" flags="wfNoBorder" backgroundColor="transparent"/>

hhehehe

This is fix I have make and use for my HD skins longtime ,

with Gusax fix we have now good txt subtitles but if i use this old fix for DVB subtitles position

in HD skins we have limit in title size 720x576 and this can make problems if subtitle

text is to long like in txt subtitles we can use 1280x720 format and longer title txt.

This is not so big problem for DVB subtitles (small font size) but is problem for new

bigger font size for txt subtitles.

Ok.But now with this latest TXT subtitles fix I think we can use or not ?? both coding in skin.xml

one for txt subtitles and another old one for DVB subtitles.

I hope DMM can find time to look in to DVB subtitles problems on some channels

we have no DVB subtitles decoding ,subtitles font size is to small for HD formats

and position of subtitles is not posible to config 100% in HD formats (1280x720)

• The problem is that DVB subtitles is pictures and not fonts that's why you can't change style on DVB subtitles... only the channels themself can change it...
    position problem should be possible to fix...

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

Actually, with my 1.2 patch you do not need to use that fix anymore (you did with the 1.0 verison). DVB subtitles will (in 1.2) be centered automatically.

This new patch from DMM enables styling of subtitle fonts (color, size, shadow, shadow color). Kudos to DMM!
    But proper line breaks and automatic centering of DVB subtitles (while we wait for dvb subtitles upscaling) are not included in the DMM patch, despite both being important improvements. Hopefully they will also get translated promptly.

• You're right... we need proper linebreaks...

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• anyone working on proper linebreaks in CVS?

• some people have problems with subtitles on recordings after latest change in CVS...
    Seems to happen when you watch on a channel with subtitles activated and then watch on recording...
    If you change to another channel with no subtitles activated then it will work on the recording...
    This happens with both Teletext and DVB subtitles...

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

• I have to ask agn and start this questions .

Zitat

anyone working on proper linebreaks in CVS?

I have test both CVS TXT subtitles and Gusax TXT subtitles

Gusax TXT subtitles worked very good ...

==========================================================================

Abt DVB subtitles in HD format is OK now (Thanks) but I think we have now another situation

for me font is now to biggggg .Can we have some compromise ??

Rgd MX

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Matrix10 ()

• Here is a new patch for proper linebreaks on TTX subtitles. Tested and verified with CVS 20090705. Glad to say that subtitles, with this patch, now works as they should have done from the beginning.

Note to skin makers!
    New required attribute "lineHeight" added to Subtitle_TTX <sub> element in skin.xml.
    Enigma will most likely crash if lineHeight-attribute is not in the skin.
    The lineHeight attribute should be set to something like 1,2 * font size, to make it look good. (Any less, and letters like g, j and y might get clipped.)

An example!
    Wrong:

Code
    <sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;30" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />

Correct:

Code
    <sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;30" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" lineHeight="36" />

As before, <SubtitleDisplay> should be fullscreen (size="720,576" for SD skins and size="1280,720" for HD skins and so on).

Changes in this patch:

• Adds line breaks to Teletext-subtitles
    • Requires lineHeight-attribute on Subtitle_TTX <sub> element in skin.xml
  • please add this patch in CVS!!!

• Other please - add patch to CVS.

Small notices about current CVS implementation:
    - Subtitles not always shown. Reset subtitle on, and after while they disappearing. Specially with MTV3 AVA, Fakta and SARJA (5E).
    - Empty lines. Eg. First line, empty line, empty line, last line.

Rgd Elmo.

• There is just one thing that still needs to be removed. There is some code that removes a dash pace ('- ') from a teletext subtitle string. This can be removed.

In addition for perfect teletext subtitles it would be nice to have an option to the font to make them outlined and shadowed together. Outlined is currently not possible as far I know.

• There is just one thing that still needs to be removed. There is some code that removes a dash pace ('- ') from a teletext subtitle string. This can be removed.

In addition for perfect teletext subtitles it would be nice to have an option to the font to make them outlined and shadowed together. Outlined is currently not possible as far I know.

Do you remember where that code that removes the dash was? I know I've found it before, but now I can't find it!

For outline, I think you can get outlines if you just can find a font that has an outline. If you find one, please let us know :smiling_face: I've searched but have not found one.

• I just saw you've already removed the dash space code. That is why you do not see it.

Yesterday DMM committed some code most likely to fix the BBC subtitles.

Could it be possible to change the code. Now you forward two strings, two lines -but- to change it to have one string forwarded with a '\n' insite. Afterwards the subtitles can be break in to lines based on the \n.

• Please fix proper line breaks also in CVS...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()