How to change subtitle text color?

• Small side question. Can You give any approximation - how difficult it is to enable subtitles on as default?
    Ref: Subtitles, on as default

I suspect that you mean a systemwide setting for subtitles, so you don't have to manually activate subtitles on every single channel?
    No idea how long creating such a setting would take, sorry.

I suspect that you would have to edit the python parts to get it done though.

• Zitat

I suspect that you mean a systemwide setting for subtitles, so you don't have to manually activate subtitles on every single channel?

Exactly that (and audio also). And then, do it again after satellite re-scan. Also with recorded movies you must enable subtitles on (and select the audio language).

How about enigma plug in approach? I know that at current suomipoeka enables subtitles automatically on, when you watching recorded movies.

Elmo.

• This is version 1.2 of the white subtitles patch, now renamed to enigma2-white-subtitles-1.2 .

This patch centers DVB subtitles on HD skins, instead of having them stuck in the top left corner. I still have not figured out (and probably will not figure out) how to scale up the DVB subtitles, meaning that the text still looks small on HD skins. So someone else needs to fix the scaling. DMM perhaps?!?

Important note to skin makers: screen SubtitleDisplay should be made fullscreen for this patch to work properly. That is, if you have an SD skin (720x576), then screen SubtitleDisplay should have position="0,0" and width="720,576". (For HD 1280x720: position 0,0 width 1280,720.) There is no need to manually center the subtitles anymore, as the patch will do this for you.

Version 1.2:
    * DVB subtitles are now centered on screen, instead of stuck in the top left corner if skin resolution > 720x576. The subtitles window is centered both vertically and horizontally. Vertical centering might not be optimal (subtitles could be moved down a bit more), so that will probably have to be optimized later.
    * Whitespace errors removed from previous patch.

Version 1.1
    * There is no version 1.1!

Version 1.0
    * White teletext subtitles
    * Proper linebreaks (before, both subtitle lines were concatenated together, making them very hard to read)
    * Normal looking font size (28%, down from 36%)
    * Automatic font scaling, font will be the same height regardless of skin resolution.

• Thanks gusax for all your work on TXT and DVB subtitles

TXT subtitles look nice now and profesional.

I hope we have soon the same font size for DVB subtitles.

Regards MX

• Now lets get this fix on the CVS, pretty please DMM guys.

*Thousands of 800/8000/7025 users nodding and cheering in advance*

• I hope this will be commited into CVS very soon(!!!)

We need also more improvents on the subtitles.... E.g. on most HD channels (Discovery HD - NL) I cannot add subtitels via DVB or Teletext. They are available (via tuxtxt) but nothing to see usually.

• please provide some stream recordings where the named problems do occur so that we can reproduce the problem and complete a solution. thank you

Can you please clarify?
    Are you offering to fix the problem of littlesat (subtitles missing on certain channels) or my problem (implement upscaling of dvb subtitles)? Or perhaps both?
    If not both, then why not?

Thank you.

• please get this patch in CVS now...

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• it is included in OoZooN CVS images since may, 4th and nobody has reported problems or anything else strange so please keep the patch in regular cvs.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• subtitles is skinnable now in cvs.... thanks great job:)
    another thing that would be nice is newest tuxtxt with teletext caching from OE1.6 in normal OE1.5 branch too...

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

• Is this only a subtitle font color fix?
    I quickly look the GIT - "make subtitle font styles skinnable" and I didn't found any other subtitle relative fixes?

• you can choose fonsize, fontcolor and shadow what i can see...
    maybe an option for default language would be nice too without need to enable it on all channels...
    but this is a very good start :smiling_face:

• Thanks,

But is this fix for DVB subtitles of only TXT subtitles ??

If i look in to skin.xml ,is only for TXT and this is ok

(fix from gusax working also perfect)

but this will not fix old problem

with DVB subtitles.???

MX

Zitat

<subtitles> 74 <sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;30" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" /> 75 <sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" /> 76 <sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Replacement;30" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" /> 77 <sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#DCAAAA" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" /> 78 <!-- omitting foregroundColor attribute will enable auto-assignment of color --> 79 </subtitles>

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Matrix10 ()

• you can't change styles on DVB subtitles.... maybe it's possible to change size with scaling but i guess it would take a lot of cpu...

• you can't change styles on DVB subtitles.... maybe it's possible to change size with scaling but i guess it would take a lot of cpu...

Thanks for info but we have not only problem with size

we have problem DVB subtitles not working on some channels ,we have problem

with position of subtitles if we use HD format 1280x720 skins e.t.c

Regards MX

• aaah ok well that should be possible to fix atleast... but i don't think that is fixed yet...