With HD-skins the DVB subtitles are not on the correct place and more...

• A lot of work is done now regards subtitles. On e.g. the dutch History the timing is correct.

But still rubisch with BBC on 28.2 East!!!

For the eyes it will be perfect when outlined could be added as just shadow only.

In addition it would be perfect with teletekst subtitles when the lines are not merged and splitted, but the orriginal (two) lines will be breaked as transmitted.

• I bet screenshots would help a lot with getting the message through to the developers about the last small subtitles improvements needed.

• The blue subtitles can be easily fixed by the skins. I removed the section below from all skins (were they were added) and replaced it by the code below in /usr/share/skin_default.xml

Code
    <subtitles>
                	<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Replacement;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<!-- omitting foregroundColor attribute will enable auto-assignment of color -->
        	</subtitles>

Then you'll have nice white shadowed subtitles (I only miss the outline - which may be added later at low level and e.g. an option outlineOffset="2".

• The blue subtitles can be easily fixed by the skins. I removed the section below from all skins (were they were added) and replaced it by the code below in /usr/share/skin_default.xml

Code
    <subtitles>
                	<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Replacement;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40000000" shadowOffset="3,3" />
                	<!-- omitting foregroundColor attribute will enable auto-assignment of color -->
        	</subtitles>

Then you'll have nice white shadowed subtitles (I only miss the outline - which may be added later at low level and e.g. an option outlineOffset="2".

It would be easier to put your code in the 'skin_user.xml'. You won't need to change all the skins.

cu

floh

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kerni ()

• are there two default skin files??? skin_user and skin_default or do you mean that you should add these in your own skin. I think the subtitles are not completely skin related and at leas when you put it in skin_default.xml you will not get green screens in case this section is missing in the custom skin.

• Beim BBC gehen die (live) untertitel immer richtich falsch. Ich sehe auh dieser function

Hier werden die untertitel bearbeitet. Eine stich lehrzeigen "- " wirt wechgeholt und when nichts dahr ist wird den string lehr gemacht. Beim BBC komt den code dort nicht. Alles anderes is hinzufuhgen und genau dass passiert.

Waarum werden die untertitel nicht einfach eins-zu-eins weitergeleited miet zwei regeln (wie beim scandinavischen patch im anderen draht z.b.) unt lass den "- " stehen. und einfach den string sehen lassen (in zwei linien) dan heht es bei BBC auch guht und is dass format auch orginal?
    }

• Waarum werden die untertitel nicht einfach eins-zu-eins weitergeleited miet zwei regeln (wie beim scandinavischen patch im anderen draht z.b.) unt lass den "- " stehen. und einfach den string sehen lassen (in zwei linien) dan heht es bei BBC auch guht und is dass format auch orginal?

Seconded.

I am happy with the recent colour change to white. I am NOT happy with the DVB-subtitling "blowup". On my 46" display the subtitling now is unnecessary large and also ugly because of the bitmap scaling. Is there a way to reset it to the old behaviour?