NTPUpdateManager

• This is a simple plugin that can be used to set the system time to the selected NTP server.

The NTPUpdateManager plugin reads an XML file and lists the different countries. The user select the country and the plugin will find the NTP server for that country and apply it and execute the ntpupdate.sh script.

The ntpupdate.sh script (included in the plugin) is an init.d script that is execute on boot. It uses the ntpdate software to connect to the NTP server and update the systems time.

If you would like to add an extra NTP server, an new country or something, then you can edit the ntpurls.xml XML file included in the plugin directory and add the country or the NTP server. Please note that you have to keep the XML syntax else the plugin might not be able to parse the XML file correctly.

For this plugin to function properly, you need to have ntpdate installed on the dreambox.

Attached is the IPK package for the plugin

ntpdate for DM7025 (MIPSEL) can be found in the following link:

http://www.dream-multimedia.ne…hp?attachmentid=1061&sid=

• plugin installed at DM800, choosed right country for time-server.
    however still wrong time at my screen (GMT+1), while timezone is set properly in menu (GMT+2). Even after restarting the box.

it has to do with the latest channel you are on when you shutdown or restart the dreambox:

- when shutting down/restarting the box at a channel where the tp time is GMT+1, the box will come up at GMT+1

- when shutting down/restarting the box at a channel where the tp time is GMT+2, the box will come up at GMT+2

when using the plugin it will shortly goto the time find by ntpdate but after some seconds goes again to the time of the tp from the last channel before the reboot.

strange but unfortunately true.

• anyhow no matter what channel you are on before reboot after awhile the displayed time will change to the time of the tp of the channel you are watching and will unfortunately not take care of the timezone setting.

I checked, while the displayed time at the screen was wrong, at the box the time with the date command and at the box, so the linux/system time, is ok at least it is according to the timezone setting.

• ni_hao, you're right, the plugin changies the system time only.

It would be nice if any of ENIGMA2 experts tells us how and when the time on display is shown so that we can patch it to enable user to select which time he want to show on the screen (tp time or system time)

• thanks laith.said I hope it will be fixed soon.

I recognized smt else: I installed regular the NTPUPDATEMANAGER after the displayed time was still wrong I regular deinstalled the plugin (menu=>plugins=>delete (red button) but NTP UPDATE MANAGER is still visible in the plugin screen. So there must be something wrong during the deinstallation process. What to do now?

• Ok, thanks for the info.

I will check that and fix it. If you want to remove it you can telnet to the box and execute the following command:

Code
    rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/NTPUpdateManager/

This should remove the complete plugin from your system and thereby remove the plugin from the menu.

I actually already found the reason and have a solution for it, but I'm not very convinced with this solution therefore I would like to check how others are doing it :winking_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von laith.said ()

• Zitat

Original von ni_hao
    thanks laith.said I hope it will be fixed soon.

I recognized smt else: I installed regular the NTPUPDATEMANAGER after the displayed time was still wrong I regular deinstalled the plugin (menu=>plugins=>delete (red button) but NTP UPDATE MANAGER is still visible in the plugin screen. So there must be something wrong during the deinstallation process. What to do now?

this will happen if no .pyc files are included in the ipk. deliver them with the ipk or delete the folder by script after deinstall

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• --------------

This post was edited, a new version of the IPK package added to fix de-installation issue.

• Zitat

Originally posted by laith.said
    ni_hao, you're right, the plugin changies the system time only.

It would be nice if any of ENIGMA2 experts tells us how and when the time on display is shown so that we can patch it to enable user to select which time he want to show on the screen (tp time or system time)

The time is GMT+3 wasn't in the list ( Kuwait and Riyadh time )

:frowning_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by laith.said
    send me an NTP server in that area and I will update the XML file and send it to you.

I tried to find some but I could not :frowning_face:

I don't understand what do you mean.
    but, I want arabian Gulf area ( Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Oman, KSA )

GMT+3

• Hi,

thanks but my request refered to the actual ntpdate binary and not to the ntpupdatemanager whose link indeed was working just fine.

<
    Have fun...
    /bitfitter

• Yeah m8 that's what I've been looking for!

Of course I'll do #chmod 755 to make it executable after uploading to my dm800.

Thanks a lot!

<
    Have fun...
    /bitfitter