DM8000 equipment

• Hello All,

I've ordered DM8000 and I've got few questions to people who receive it already.

1) I ordered basic version without DVD and HDD but I got them. So my question: Are there (in DM8000) all necessary cords that I need to plug to DVD and HDD or should I buy them too?

2) What kind of fan should I buy? I mean what parameters (Voltage, Cuurent consumption, kind of plug) ?

3) Is it possible to plug permanently USB STICK into USB socket on DM8000 main board inside of DM8000? (place where in beta testers DM8000 is USB to SATA converter?

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.
    Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
    All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people"

============
    SubsDownloader

• Offizieller Beitrag

1) They should be in the box
    2) Usually, you don't need a fan. The box is designed to work without one, you only need one if the box is installed in a REALLY tight shelf or else.
    3) You should use the USB2SATA-converter in your box, too. It's necessery for the DVD-Drive to work correctly.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Olove
    1) They should be in the box
    2) Usually, you don't need a fan. The box is designed to work without one, you only need one if the box is installed in a REALLY tight shelf or else.
    3) You should use the USB2SATA-converter in your box, too. It's necessery for the DVD-Drive to work correctly.

1) Yes they are in box.
    3) My colleague connect it directly to serial ata controller (between HDD and DVD rack) and said that it works correctly.
    2) I've got tight shelf so can You give me some specification? I don't want to connect not right one and do some short cut

By the way I noticed that there is no instruction (in user guide) how to plug DVD, HDD, and fan.
    I think it's good idea to make such kind of material for dummies.

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.
    Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
    All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people"

============
    SubsDownloader

• ...bei slot-in hat das Laufwerk vorn nur einen Schlitz, in den die CD/DVD eingezogen wird.
    Bei den anderen Typen wird die Schublade harausgefahren.

In die DM8000 müsste beides passen, Hauptsache Slim.