DVB-TUner Problem - Motorise stop moving

• i got DM800HD PVR couples weeks ago and managed to setup properly last weekend, everything seem to be okay until today, when switch on, all the channel gone black, the hardware reboot itself and all setting return to default.

After rebooted and initialed setup wizard, I couldn't manage to control my motorist dish anymore, before i got back to me motorist supplier I would like to check, is it DBV Tuner not supply power or my dish problem.

Is anyway I can check the DVB-Tunner provide voltage correctly or not? or is it function properly or not?

thanks
    R

• Hello my friend,
    It's been qiute a long time since I was on this forum.
    Has your query been answered yet.

You can easily check if the LNB/ Motor drive voltage is being fed up to the dish.

First you need to ensure from the settings menu that the tuner settings LNB, Diseq 1.2 etc all selected 12V output is on.

If to have a small piece of spare satellite 50 Ohm Coax cable, just bare the inner and remove about one cm of the centre solid copper wire.

Turn off the Dreambox and disconnect it from the power outlet.

remove the satellite cable F connector, if not already done and insert the piece of wire into the centerhole, ensure you leave about 1/2 cm protruding.

Just get a multimeter, set it to volts DC 0-20 range or similar.

Touch the positive (Usually red) from the meter to the protruding wire and attach the black to either the metal screwthread of the Dreambox F connector.

Ensure the center wire is not shorting to the metal surround or any part of the dreambox metal chassis.

When you are happy all is safe carefully connect outlet power and turn on your Box. Allow time to boot up.

You should see the 12V DC supply feed on the Center terminal of the satellite connector.

I have previously had problems with my Diseq motor, requiring resetting of the motor itself. Most have a reset button actually on the motor, but this requires climbing up to the motor and physically operating the switch.

The same can be achieved by turning off the box and disconnecting the satellite feed cable, leaving it disconnected for 5 mins ought to ensure the next time 12 V is applied to the Motor it's control circuit will auto reset.

From what you describe the fault could even be in the Unit's power supply, as that is where the 12V comes from, so don't assume it's the tuner straight away.

If you have another satellite box of any description connect it and check the LNB is working. That will tell you the cabling and LNB are ok.

Best of luck,
    Henry.

• Hello!

I have the same problem. I bought a DM-800 and it does not move the STAB HH100 motor, regardless of settings (simple or advanced).

After I put my Long and Lat and go in positioner setup->positioner movement, and then move east or move west, it does not move what so ever.

The STAB HH motor works fine with other receivers. I think it is a tuner problem?!

thanks
    adis

• Hi Henry ,I am thing in get threw from loop out receiving the signal ,and just move the motor with my TM 6900,what do you thing & do you have a guide fro this configuration please ,thank you for any info ,Kind Regards Nick