DM800 Crashing on BBCHD

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

DM800
    Enigma 2:
    Latest Officail

I have just purchased a DM800 image is the latest dream one and i have used the plugin to upgrade it.

If i leave the 800 on BBCHD it will eventually crash with the picture freezing and the sound carrying on.

At this point the area over the tuner is very hot.

Is this a hardware fault that needs me to return the 800 to my dealer?

Compo

• Hi

looks like im the only one with this problem, so i asume i have a hardware fault.

Ill return the unit for a refund.

thanks

• How long till it freezes(approximately)?
    The area above the tuner always get kinda hot,but so far that never caused any problems,like the ones you described.
    Anyway will zap to BBC HD now and enjoy the previews for a while.:D
    Will let you know later on,how that worked out and if I noticed anything.

• Ok thanks

It will freeze at random but norm is under 2 hours! It then becomes unresponsive to the remote but your can still hear the Audio fine!

Needs to be powered off to correct the fault.

I opened a ticket 3 days ago with no responce.

Compo

• Hi Pepe - you obviously have got BBC HD working with your DM800. Do you get ITV HD as well? How does the EPG work? I'm thinking of buying a box but want to have confimration whether it will work with the freesat EPG in the UK.

Cheers/Servus
    Michael

• I have exactly the same problem with freezing on HD channels. My box does not get hot in the slightest. I also tried the plugin upgrade but it didn't help. I've spent two days trying to get this problem solved, and then a friend told me that he had the same problem which was fixed under warranty. It looks like a hardware defect that appears at random.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Anrakh ()

• I also posted this in the other dm800 hang topic. might be usefull:

My DM800 also hangs after about 10 minutes of watching HD channels.
    Seems te be heating problemen. I tested it simple by putting my box on it's side ( with the oled screen upwards ) and this seems te give it just enough cooling to not stop working. Watched BBC HD for more than 2 hours and it still worked. Left it on all night and in the morning it was still working.

Just to let you know an perhaps some people with the same problem can test this also. ?

Altough putting the dm800 on it's side it is not a real solution ofcourse :winking_face:

• Having the same problems here in Portugal with BBC HD and with channels that are in DVB-S2 MPEG4(Meo sat for example). It gets very hot and crashes after a couple of hours. NOTE: the DM800 is NOT in any cupboard or on top of any other electronic component!

• I can confirm this, with the extreme heat (with nothing electronic near and good room temperatures) DM 800 hangs on HD channels, and its very boring situation cause the main motive that we bought this machine was for seeing HD channels.

Please fix this DM, replace tuners or if possible a corrected software.

thank you

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von grik ()