DM800 tuner and diseq

• I have 2 LNB with a 2 to 1 diseq switch, DM800 will not switch every time a change channel. Before i had a DM7020 on the same swich and lnb with no problem. I have tried the following change the diseq to a modell with 4 to 1 and the the switching start working.

Is there any know problem with the diseq swicthing and DM800.

/ Jonas, Sweden

• What problems with DiSEqC?

I have plan to control DiSEqC motor and DiSEqC switch with same Dreambox 800.

Code
    FTA -- LNB -- DiSEqC 1.2 motor
                    |
    PayTV - LNB - DiSEqC 1.1 switch --- Dreambox 800
                    |
    PayTV - LNB -----
  • Problem solved, it seems that the dm800 is very sensetive what switch you are using, a tried several cheap ones but NONE worked ok.
    I can just guess what the problem is, i think dm800 can't deliver enough power to the switch.

spaun SAR 212 F works perfectly, it seem that this one requires less power to run. http://www.satpro.se/default.asp?id=10801

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von johe ()

• The Diseqc and DM800 seems to be very troblesome when cascading switches, I have a SPAUN SUR 420 F first as the uncommited and then some Chess 4x1 behind it. Very often when scanning a satellite, it starts OK but suddenly it loses the signal, and then it seems to have fallen back to the "input 1" satellite (input 1 on both the uncommited and commited). So in my mind this seems to be the DM800 not sending all the commands for each transponder when scanning.

(http://www.spaun.de/files/b01c2_de_ske11s135.pdf)

• Hi,

I have the following configuration on diseq triax 1.0 to dm800:

Lnb1 - dish with motor (A/A)
    Lnb2 - dish (A/B)
    Lnb3 - dish (B/A)
    Lnb4 - dish (B/B)

With this settings, i have allways "tuner failed" on hd channels, on the sd channels allways ok. I put only the dish motor on dm800 and all channels (hd and sd) work perfect, no more "tuner failed". Is this a diseq problem or dm800 not goes with motor dish and normal dish on same diseq (software bug?)

Thanks

• I have Spaun 420 F DiseqC switch to which 4 LNB's are connected. No cascading.
    My box receives signal only from LNB1.
    If, for example, I switch to LNB2 (or LNB3 or LNB4) in satfinder menu or go to a TV program from satellit assigned to LNB2, I see signal from LNB1 and no signal from LNB2.
    I tried following tuner configurations:

• simple DiseqC A/B/C/D
    • advanced DiseqC 1.0 (with default settings, only LNB ports changed)
    • advanced DiseqC 1.1 (with default settings, only LNB ports changed)

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

DM 800 HD, 23E-19E-13E-5E

• a spaun 420 is an uncomited switch, not a commited diseqc.

a/a
    a/b
    b/a
    b/b

is for commited switch's, not yours.

change the type to v1.1 and select uncommited input 1

• @updatelee: Thank you very much! I have set the tuner as you suggested and it works now!

The following setting work for me (with mode selector of the switch set to "Mode 1"):

Confguration Mode: advanced
    Satellite: 23.5E => 19E => 13E => 4.8E
    Voltage mode: Polarization
    Tone mode: Band
    LNB:
    LNB 1 => LNB 2 => LNB 3 => LNB 4
    DiSEqC: 1.1
    Toneburst: None
    Committed DiSEqC command:
    AA => AB => BA => BB
    Fast DiSEqC: no
    Sequence repeat: yes
    Command order: commited, uncommited, toneburst
    Uncommited DiSEqC command: Inpit 1 => Input 2 => Input 3 => Input 4
    DiSEqC repeats: None
    LOF: Universal LNB
    Increased voltage: no

I heard that DiSEqC 1.1 Switch is backwards compatible to DiSEqC 1.0 and the simple settings would work but this is not true, at least for this switch.

DM 800 HD, 23E-19E-13E-5E

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von wrungel74 ()

• I heard that DiSEqC 1.1 Switch is backwards compatible to DiSEqC 1.0 and the simple settings would work but this is not true, at least for this switch.

DiSEqC 1.1 Switches are different and some like SW101D has changeable modes,
    with some modes it works with only 1.0/2.0 protocol commands with some modes only 1.1 commands,
    by default SW101D programmed to work with bouth

p.s.
    still havent found solution how to change diseq mode by use dreambox
    HELP! Is there any ability send manualy Diseq commands?

• Hi, I've DM800 with [Moderator] Fremdimage, verstößt gegen die Boardregeln [/Moderator]
    1 LNB diseqc 1.1 (fixed)
    1 LNB diseqc 1.2 (motor)
    my diseqc SPAUN SUR 211F
    [Moderator] violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] When I look to the motor I see that the light who must be always green it goes to ambar for half a second in 5sec cycles, and that causes the tuner to be always freezing!
    I think the problem is in the configuration. what I didn't find is the solution yet! If any one could help me! :confused_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Hello. I have 2 dreambox, 500s and 800.I have 1 motorized dish driven by dedicated V-Box II Motek positioner and 1 fixed dish.
    For each of the boxes I have 1 diseqc 1.0 Maximum 4x1 but I only use 2 in and 1 out. On the 500s I use Non-standard user configuration and all sats set up for LNB 0 (motorized dish) and 1 sat set up for LNB 1 (fixed dish). Works perfect!
    Whenever I choose a channel the diseqc switches according to the assigned LNB. If the dish is pointing to the correct sat the box opens or shows it has signal. If it's not it says "Service could not be found". I move the dish to that sat and the box immediatly gets signal.

On the 800 it does not work like that or at least I have not found how to configure.
    I have tried different setup but presentaly I am using Simple, AA for fixed dish and AB for motorized dish. Of course this way I have to assign one sat on AA and 1 on AB. Besides having to reboot the 800 because it looses tuning for ALL channels completely rather often when I'm zapping on both sats, if I choose a channel from a sat that is not assigned on the LNB setup, it does not tune even if the dish is pointing to that sat. I have to change setup and assign the new sat on LNB, AB.

To close this somewhat long story I would basicly like to do the same that I do on the 500. If the dish points to correct sat it shows signal if it's not I have to move the dish to get signal...

Can somebody advise possible solutions even I have to get new diseqc switches.
    Thank you
    darman

• First, you should configure your dm800 with advanced settings.

There you can assign your first dish to diseqc AA with LNB1 and the motorized dish to AB and LNB2.

Now you have to assign LNB2 to every Satellite you can move your dish to.

The other(better?) solution would be to configure LNB2 with diseqc1.2 so the dm800 is moving your dish directly.

cu

floh

• Thank you very much for your quick reply, floh. I will try your suggestion during the weekend. Any way, as I have been trying my way out with the tuner configuration I never saw a complete list of sats like I see in the Non-Standard user configuration of the 500s (all sats in a grid).
    Indeed we have to set up one by one but the grid display is quite user-friendly to understand. On the 800, probably I have to set up one by one also and press ok for each one to memorize the setup.

The better solution you point out is rather complicated because the 800 is one floor away from the positioners. I could maybe do it with the 500s wich is one shelve away but is also complicated. I said positioners, plural. In fact I have 2 V-Box II positioners controlling my Jaeger 1224 EL motor, in fact 2 motors in one - one rotates the dish and an actuator controls the inclination of it.
    As the positioners are equal V-box II and they in the same shelve, I use only one remote to control both. Sat positions for east-west and inclination are memorized with same number on each V Box so, each moves to stored position at same time. Works great. Making the dream to control both is probably not so easy.
    Thank you again
    darman

• hi mates .can you help me please l am still haveing some touble with my dream box 800 hd .l move my motorised dish with the remoter I HAVE disenq 1.2 like on hot brid 13 east l pick up the level and quality very good .when l press store with the green button it is not storeing for me .and it move to the west side on it own .and l have chose other satalite l get good quality signal. and press the green button and still not storeing anyone can till me more abaut it how to work it please

• HI MATES.WONT MORTORS ARE THE BEST TO BUY FOR THE DREAMBOX 800 BECAUSE I BE FRIGHTING WITH IT FOR TWO WEEKS NOW .CAN ANYONE HELP ME.WITH IS THE BEST DiSEqC motor TO BUY PLEASE.BECAUSE ALL I THING IT IS MY MOTOR .MAY BE IT DONT MUCH WITH THE DREAMBOX I AM WORKING WITH IS MOTOR HH120 DiSEqC 1.2 motor THE ONE FACES UP

• Hi Everybody,

I have same problem at Dreambox 800D, like my friend. I have Switch Master 411 DiseqC switch to which 4 Maximum LNB's are connected. :thumbs_up: I could try tuner config and found 1400 service, but then I closed my Dreambox without deep standby and have not connected any service :thumbs_down: , when I opened Dreambox. Then I have tried again searching service, but my box receives does not signal from LNB. :pouting_face:
    I tried following tuner configurations: :confused_face:

• simple DiseqC A/B/C/D

Port A ----> Turksat 42E
    Port B ----> Eutelsat W3A 7E
    Port C ----> Horbird 13E
    Port D ---->Astra 19.2

• advanced DiseqC 1.0 (with default settings, only LNB ports changed)
    • advanced DiseqC 1.1 like this;

Confguration Mode: advanced
    Satellite: 42E => 7E => 13E => 19.2E
    Voltage mode: Polarization
    Tone mode: Band
    LNB:
    LNB 1 => LNB 2 => LNB 3 => LNB 4
    DiSEqC: 1.1
    Toneburst: None
    Committed DiSEqC command:
    AA => AB => BA => BB
    Fast DiSEqC: no
    Sequence repeat: yes
    Command order: commited, uncommited, toneburst
    Uncommited DiSEqC command: Inpit 1 => Input 2 => Input 3 => Input 4
    DiSEqC repeats: None
    LOF: Universal LNB
    Increased voltage: no

• Q1 Satellite config form high freq to low freq,like 42E => 7E => 13E => 19.2E, is important or not, or I must do like this 42E => 19.2 => 13E => 7E ? (uncommitted&committed command and LNB is parallel same as Diseqc input)
    • Q2 Is Dreambox 800HD support Switch Master SDS 411 Diseqc ? Is Switch Master SDS 411 Diseqc committed Diseqc or uncommitted Diseqc?
    • Q3 Must I change our Diseqc? :loudly_crying_face:
    • Q4 Does anybody know how to solve this problem? (I mean It is best question :smiling_face: )