7020 Power supply

• hi is it possible to get hold of a scheme for the power supply. and maybe some repair tips. theres only ligt in the Displays nothing else happend. i know it's th PS because if i replaise it with a new PS it works perfect.
    i have 2 dreamboxes' with burnt PS. the tecnican support didn't answer mails :frowning_face: SAD!!!!!

I-m a radio tecnican.
    if i send the BOxes for repair , it'l take 2-3 months before i get them back (I've tryed it before with some other errors and my customor whasn't satisfied with that)
    the boxes was only 14 days

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jimse ()

• I think panasonic makes the power supplies and maybe be able to help you.But not by mentionning dreambox but by the power supply model number that's written on the board.

• dear jimse,

you must receive the answer for few minutes.
    but its not possible to get the shematic.
    please ask your dealer to get a new power supply!
    regards,
    tino

alles was neu iss ...

• Well, shouldn't be too difficult to repair without the schematics. It's probably just a common switch mode power supply.
    As you got power to the display, the primary circuit with its switch transistor is probably OK, this together with bad capacitors are otherwise quite common to fail. Check which voltages that are bad...12V, 5V are there any more? Check semiconductors on secondary side probably most rectifying diodes. Check transformer so that all windings are OK.

• Hi
    I just get hold of a shematic. :winking_face: , and i will go to Public it on DIfferent Board so other people can get it to.
    But the problem is that the SWITCH mode chip is impossible to get hold in.

THe second Problem is a construction fault with the DB.
    If the box is in stand by and you placet a litlle hard on the table.
    the Powwersupply could touch the cabinet in the middle and make a short , and burn!!! because its only fastnet in the corners.

• Could you pm this url your going to post it to Id like the schems too.
    Also it would be a great sugestion to dream-m.m. to put a plastic shield between the supply and bottom of receiver in same principle as psu for computer. Would save lots since redoing a new type of casing would be very$$.

• Because Dream multimedia is a bad firm and Deliver the most awfull service (2 to 3 months for a repair) it's is impossible to contact them about anything. and most of the product they deliver is not fully testet.
    The problem with the power supply is that it coul get contact with the buttom of the reciever and make a short and burn (bad construction).

but if you search it's not impossible to get a schematic :winking_face:
    but the nect problem is to get hold of some of the special components.
    you could eventually contac the firm that constructet the PS for Dream Multimedia (they have a lot better service than Dream multimedia) and very more quick

an other soulution is to by a new PShttp://www.tektronik.dk/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/67/products_id/650

• cant seem to convert that price to gb pounds but it looks expencive . i dont think its touched the case as i cant see any mark's
    the display lights up but no power to hd .probley hd burnt it out.
    i had it in for repair but the chap said without schematic he cant fix it but if i find one he will fix it no problem .i have not had any luck with finding one!!
    thanks tris

• Anyone able to find the power supply schematic? I'm trying to fix my bad PS. I read that jimse found the schematic. If not, does anyone know what the voltages are for? I measured the connector going to the motherboard and there's a bunch of voltages I'm not sure what they're used for (7.3V,9.3V,14.6V,24V,30V)?

• Hi,
    my 7020 also has the power supply broken. Did any found the schematic diagram. If so, please, post here where or send a mail to my address.

Thanks in advance.