DM800 HD Streaming

• I'm using webinterface on my PC, I can stream SDTV channels over my network, but HD channels freeze or breakup. My network has enough bandwidth, it's 100Mbit wired (not wireless), is the DM800 not capable of sending the data to the network fast enough for HD?

Thanks

Gary

• why do you write Bold???

The network is fast enough i think. If it doesnt work with HD stuff almost the PC is to slow.

I have the same Problem with a AMD AM2 6000+

Dreambox 7080 PVR (2TB) an 19,2+13° + DM600 mit kleiner Platte

• I have the same problem with a Macbook Pro with Geforce 8600M GT 512MB
    (no differnce between OSX and Win XP/Vista using WebIf or VLC 0.8.6h).
    I have no problem with the playback of HD media because HD-DVDs and blurays work fine even if hardware acceleration is disabled the CPU load doesn't exceed 80%. Only hd-streams from the dreambox freeze and sometimes the dreambox freezes too and has to be reseted and the bandwith of the stream is only one fourth to one thirth of a bluray's

I'll test the box with a friend's computer (intel Q9550 and geforce 9800GTX) today or tomorrow but I don't believe there will be a different result.

btw sd channels work fine

DM600PVR 120GB
    DM800HD PVR 320GB

• tested as promised... and there was no change in behaviour of the stream. it allways breaks up after 5-20 secs

DM600PVR 120GB
    DM800HD PVR 320GB

• Thanks for trying guys, but you make a lot of unfounded assumptions. You tell me my PC is too slow without asking anything about it.

I can assure you my desktop is more than powerful enough for this application without break-up.

The problem I believe is with the box at this point, hopefully future firmware releases will resolve.

• Hi,
    the problem is VLC which is not really capable of playing h264. You can test it. Make a recording, transfer it to the PC and try to play it with VLC.

Ralf

-- Die Lücke die ich hinterlasse ersetzt mich vollständig --

• I'm not so sure about this.

When I try to play HD streaming directly from the box I get a couple of seconds clear video & audio, then 5-6 secs of freeze, then a couple more seconds of video & audio.

When I record a program and transfer the file to my PC, it comes in a .ts format which VLC cannot play at all.

The differences in the output suggests that VLC is handling these data differently.

The reason why I thought the DM800 box may be unable to stream the HD content is that even on a hardwired 100Mbit ethernet link, the highest data transfer I can get is 2.1MB/sec (~17Mibts/sec) when making a direct file transfer. 17MBit/sec is borderline for HD 1080i content.

The video playing/freezing/playing/freezing is symptomatic of an insufficient data rate.

Could you qualify your comment about VLC not being able to play H.264 ? according to the VLC website it can.

Finally, if this is the case do you have the DM800 streaming 1080i HD with any software other than VLC to prove your point ?

Thanks

Gary