there is overscan with dreambox 800

• dreambox 800
    enigma 2
    i have tried almost all images

there is overscan at dream800 about 1 cm rigtht,left,below and top of the screen.i use hdmi dvi cable.i have toshiba lcd tv 37wll66z.
    when i stream on pc,there is no overscan.
    at dream 500s there is too much overscan but at 800,there is no so much overscan. however there is still some overscan..
    i have test 3 different tv and result is same..i've tried 1080i or 720p,the result is same..
    please fix it
    regards.
    edit:i use [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator].i've tried other images and result is same..

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The overscan is produced by the TV-set, not by the Dreambox.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Zitat

Originally posted by potenza
    i have tried 3 different tv and the result is same.there is overscan.
    all of TVs is corrupted?

Basically, yes. Most TV sets add overscan to the image even for HDTV, which many customers take as an offense. Some modern FullHD sets have a setting with varying names to disable overscan, like "TruePixel" or "DirectScan" or similar.

You could verify that the overscan is caused by your TV by attaching a PC with DVI/HDMI to the TV set and set a 720p or 1080i resolution (which might require special drivers for your graphics card).

DM600s, DM7025+ss, DM8000, DM800t, DM800s2

• Zitat

You could verify that the overscan is caused by your TV by attaching a PC with DVI/HDMI to the TV set and set a 720p or 1080i resolution (which might require special drivers for your graphics card).

ok m8 you are right.i did it and i saw overscan..

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von potenza ()

• there is an option at my screen card to prervent overscan by adjusting scaling options.
    please look at the screen:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8578/20080606074029un5.jpg]
    such option is possible at dream800 ?
    most of people doesnt have latest LCD TV models.so many people see overscan at their tv.
    overscan is because of tv,but can dreambox fix it by ''scaling options'' llike my sceen card?
    thanks your interest.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von potenza ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by potenza
    there is an option at my screen card to prervent overscan by adjusting scaling options.

This option is a kind of "cheating": The video card underscans the image (adds black borders on all sides) as a compensation. Both overscan and underscan reduce the effective resolution of the image. When you first apply underscan and then overscan, as done with such an option, you reduce the quality twice.

In my personal opinion, overscan is not such a bad problem when watching movies. At least it is not worth further worsening the image quality by underscanning it in the dreambox. (This is different for a PC video, where you don't see your buttons any more.)

DM600s, DM7025+ss, DM8000, DM800t, DM800s2

• Zitat

Original von Ge0rG

Basically, yes. Most TV sets add overscan to the image even for HDTV, which many customers take as an offense. Some modern FullHD sets have a setting with varying names to disable overscan, like "TruePixel" or "DirectScan" or similar.

Yepp, I switched to an other LCD TV (Toshiba 40'' 40ZF355D).
    This Toshiba LCD have the settings "True Scan" & "PC" to prevent overscanning.

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital