• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type:
    DM7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2):
    n/a
    Firmware version:
    n/a
    your question

hi, i'm trying to repair a dead dreambox 7025.
    The front on-off switch will only turn the lcd backlight on and off, no other action will work.
    No activity on the rs-232 connector (even with oscilloscope).
    PSU and other voltage regulator on the mainboard are working ok.

I've managed to read (dump) the Atmel front processor and i can disassemble it in a readeble way so i assume the fp works ok (look at the attached file).
    I've also disconnected the tuners and it won't work anyway.

Any hardware genius can help?
    i've setup a webpage with some stuff about the DB7025 here
    http://digilander.libero.it/Zabanitu/

have a look and share some thoughts....
    Thanks,
    Zabanitu

• Hi guys,
    i finally managed to publish some information about the FP on my DM7025 website:

http://digilander.libero.it/Zabanitu/frontproc.html

There you can find a way to build a programmer and read/flash the FP without flashing the DB with new or strange images.

In the next days i'll add the software steps to program the FP.

I hope that someone will build a similar interface and share with us its FP dump.

Drop me a PM if you need assistance.

Regards,
    Zabanitu

• i still have dead fp in 7020 , very interesting - wait for new info and firmware for 7020 fp

and a question - why you solder wire to atmel pins and dont use dreambox fp connector ( not a standard stk pinout but have miso mosi rst and gnd )

• Hi Feuerbard,
    i've tried to locate MISO, MOSI, RESET, CLK lines in the FP connector [X1000] but couldn't confirm (there are a couple of transistors maybe acting as buffers). Do you have the pinout for the DB7020?

Anyway soldering to the FP pins works ok. In the next days i'll publish a tutorial to read/program the FP via the STK-200 interface and PONYPROG software.
    I hope that you and others will build the interface and dump the content of the FPs of our Dreamboxes to share some knowledge.

Step Ahead,
    Zabanitu

• hello

I always have a dead dm7020... With the oscilloscope I've seen that the atmel is good (OCXO, Vpp,...)

Is there someone who have the .ASM file to put in the atmel with Ponyprog...

Thanks
    FG

DM500s
    DM7020

• I have the same problem with a 7025. Interestingly it happens a few weeks ago to after working fine for over a year.

For lack of a better idea at the time, I swapped the PSU for a new unit from a 7025+ (including making the necessary changes). However, it still behaves the same.

I can turn it on or off using the front panel button and from the remote control. But there's ethernet is dead, no signal at the serial port and it won't spin the HD up. The display backlight lights up, and the LCD is showing a full light gray background.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to try anything to get this box running again.

Thanks!