DM 500-S Remote Control

• Good morning to all from Brussels. I switched on my DM 500-S this morning and the remote control is..crazy!!! I press HELP and the function is EXIT; I press arrow up to change channel and the function is MENU ENTER; I press arrow right to increase volume and it changes channel!!! Please, what can I do? HELP ME!!! Thanks a lot! Sal

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you tried to change the batteries? Sometimes low batteries cause strange behaviour.

Ok, reading again and carefully it seems like you switched your Remote Control Setup to "Enigma".
    Try and search in the setup (advanced configuration I think) for "remote control setup" and switch to whatever is the other choice.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Hi Olove and thank you for your reply. The batteries are brand new. I modified remote control setting switching from Enigma (default) to Neutrino (there is only that one). Results? The only function restabilished is the arrow up (change channels); more other functions don't work :(. And now? :confused_face:

• Olove, I think it is a question of dreambox because I have another one and the remote control works right on the last one....What do I do? :confused_face:

• have had that problem on dm500 and dm7020 after firmware upgrade(by DreamUP and 'erase' was made)
    when opened MENU cant exit from it
    can enter to sections Setup;Timer;Info but in same time cant enter into Shutdown section

on one box problem gone after restart called from Web-IF
    on other after Skin change under Setup->System Settings->OSD Settings

problem is gone and newer repeated during last month