Blurry dm8000 pictures only adds to our increasing frustration

• Why has DM released these blurry pictures of the dm8000 and dm800?? Is it to tell us that they are planning a release soon? Why can't they just tell us if it is coming, and when? I am sick and tired of reading posts on the many dreambox forums around about rumors on its release. It has been going on for 2 years!!! Lots and lots of pointless discussions and threads on the topic have been made, and DM has kept on fuelling the fire by keeping on showing the box and leaking releasedates that have not been kept.

For our sake, please just tell us when! Releasing blurry pictures has only made me want the cuberevo that actually has a manual available, and many pictures of what it really looks like. If you keep this up you will lose a lot of customers!

regards

none

• Couldn't you simply use your brain instead of complaining ?

When you post such pictures and do - nothing (for more then maybe 2-3 months, maybe even less), then you loose customers who are pissed off.

If you post them and do something - soon, then the customers will keep waiting (but not forefer).

And if you do nothing people will start/continue buing other boxes instead of waiting (and complaining)

And if you post a date you just tell the competitors when you will start a war - is this a good idea to let them prepare ?

So think again ...

PS: First grade marketing lesson I would say :smiling_face:

Ciao
    gutemine

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• If this was the first time we heard of their HD boxes I wouldn't complain but we have heard of them for several years... The only reason I can think of for publishing them is because their boxes are not ready, and they are desperately trying to hold on to their customers. It may be that you like to be teased, but I don't, I prefer to know when the boxes are due, and if that is in 6 months, at least I know what to expect in 6 months, and I can compare that to what I can buy today.

You defending their marketing strategies is good for them, but who wants blurry boxes? any old d2mac tuner can beat that!!

BTW, I am using my brain, and complain, if more people would do that, maybe this company would start taking their customers seriously...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nonenone ()

• Guys ... cool your jets. DMM has had a reason for the delay. And they certainly didn't deliberately let it happen. No company aside from M$ can afford that. Let's assume they did a last minute redesign of the box to make it bleeding edge. I would be more than willing to wait for that thingy. DMM should only be cognos of the number of users lurking around in other non-Dreambox forums that have bought other products and turned their back to Dream. To get them back is 10 times harder than to keep the current customers. Either way, we can't breed the box ourselves. The teasers tell very clearly: the boxes are on the way from Asia to the old world. And that's a good thing. I would be freeing up money, if I were you. Ha!

Mamba

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mamba0815 ()

• i just hope they switch to a better forum platform!

"Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH"

wtf! FAILS!

phpBB3
    Invision Power Board (IPB)
    vBulletin (vB)
    Simple Machines Forum (SMF)

any of those above are better!!!

personaly i would go for phpbb 3! http://www.phpbb.com/about/features/compare.php
    opensource POWER!

edit: btw i hate the dreambox remote controller design, too fat!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von m ballee ()

• well, I didn't want to offend anybody, I just wanted to point out that every move (even the ones seeming to be dumb) has a reason behind.

And that complaining will simply not help, because this was already multiply discussed and always ended with the nasty child argument - which is not a bad one beeing a parent btw. :smiling_face:

So let us simply see what the next weeks/months will bring.

And when orwell is finished I maybe can work on the remode - OK ?

Ciao
    gutemine

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von m ballee
    i just hope they switch to a better forum platform!

"Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH"

wtf! FAILS!

Finally, someone realized the REAL problem, DMM and eveyone else here has got ...

Thank you so much.

[/irony off]

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Zitat

Originally posted by mamba0815
    Let's assume they did a last minute redesign of the box to make it bleeding edge. I would be more than willing to wait for that thingy.

But did they make a redesign change or are we waiting for a box that is using 3 years old technology? Do we finally get a box that has everything and also enough CPU-power? 7025+ certainly fails in many things and now I'm afraid that the 8000 does the same.

• yeah would be nice if the cpu would be powerfull enough to play xvid files over lan!

edit: and yeah dreambox design sucks too!

they should take a look of what other company's have been doing!

[Blockierte Grafik: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/440527617_f2f37fdff3_b.jpg]

straight lines and black piano finish FTW!

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von m ballee ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by m ballee
    edit: and yeah dreambox design sucks too!
    they should take a look of what other company's have been doing!

no no no, Dreambox's design is OK, it your looks like 10year old D2mac decoder

Zitat

Originally posted by m ballee
    yeah would be nice if the cpu would be powerfull enough to play xvid files over lan!

yeah, DM8000 must have specification like this device + 4 tuner slots

• well if the specs are at least as the kathrein ufs 910 its already good

• what would be nice too is connecting a external dvd drive using usb...

• Yes,but it looks like they changed the specs, the ABCOM 9000 which should be identical Hardware is now equipped with only 1 S2 Tuner and the second one is a normal S Tuner - which is not what I'm looking for - then I could have bought the new Technisat already.

Ciao
    gutemine

• A month has passed and as predicted, nothing new. We can se a tiny bit of the new boxes in the pictures, and WOW, they seem to look exactly the same as they did in the first pictures from 2006

• LOL!

yeah still same design, features etc... and the worst of all is that it's not out yet... even the pics are still the same...

• they just keep us up with a little bite of a picture...and if they only get a liiltle more wissible every second month, it culd take years, and now there is full pictures of the 800 models on other boards, and now they whant us to help catching the dealers who sells copy products, and they don't "help" us and tell us a little bit more how it goes on with the new models,, end even worse OLOVE don't tolerate anything negative about Dream multimedia , even if he self know that it's true what we say :loudly_crying_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jimse ()