Compiler to run in DM7000

• Zitat

Original von jlmota
    The best is ???

Well, it depends - if you only want to compile some small programs for the dreambox, then i wouldn't bother with a native compiler for the box - i'd just use the cdk on your linux pc.

For the native compiler: It took me about 30 minutes installing all needed debian ppc packages (gcc, binutils, perl etc.) on the dreambox and it worked. When you want to bootstrap the gcc then you'll have to add some hours to this, as the dreambox's cpu isn't made for this kind of usage :winking_face:

• Yes it is possible. You can build your own compiler witch is running on your dreambox. You only need a working crosscompiler e.g. from your cdk. Then you can do in some steps called "canadian cross". Build target compiler witch is running on dream with your host compiler (crosscompiler) witch is running on your fast x86 machine. I have built a gcc/g++ and a lot of useful tools for me - running on Dreambox 7000 - from scratch only from Sourcecode.
    Nothing to do with porting different stuff from other Distris. This mean the package is based on CVS and full compatible to the Image was built with the same CDK environment.
    Nothing is impossible. Now i can make in some easy steps "./configure ; make ; make install and some additional FLAGS" to build every tool i want on my dream. Perl, Phyton and so on.. no problem. I would say it provide now a lot of features like a real linuxdistri. I will release this package in a few days. You can find it here . But is only an german speaking forum at the moment.

cheers :winking_face:

Make your dreams true with xdevels.