• The BBC/ITV Freesat service will start in 2008.

The main component of the Freesat service is an EPG which will contain a channel list which will point to the existing BBC, ITV and a number of other FTA channels. The EPG will contain 7 day programme schedule data. The programme streams will include MHEG interactive facilities and there will be HD channels.

The presence of a 7 day epg makes satellite PVRs (other than Sky+) a practical proposition for the UK.

So are there or should there be any plans for software enhancements to enable Dreamboxes to use this new service?

Michael Chare

• Hi there, if only the DM8000 was to be ready for this new sevice it would be great, however I don't think DMM read this forum or indeed have any of their employees involved in it in any way!! If they did they would know there are a great number of potential customers waiting for a HD receiver.

I have asked many times for info about the DM8000, but I have never had a reply on this forum, other people have tried to ask about the DM8000 only to be told that they are not allowed to ask about the DM8000 .... I guess I will have to look more closely at another German company that has a box on the market for sale right now.

Regards to all.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Welshman ()

• Hi all, there have been over 200 views of this post yet nobody from DMM or indeed any one else has bothered to reply ... It looks like I will have to go out and buy the Kathrein UFS 910, I feel so let down by DMM after being a loyal customer for many years, I have also purchased many DMM receivers for other people..

Best Regards to all ... Welshman, North Wales (UK).

• Zitat

Hi all, there have been over 200 views of this post yet nobody from DMM or indeed any one else has bothered to reply ...

It's probably because many of the dream developers don't have access to the freesat and/or don't care. And I don't see them trying to get all these interactive features to work. (Personally, I prefer to have a box that does not show red dots on screen all the time)

Once a test of the EPG is live on the satellite, you'll probably get developers to take a look at it. At the moment, it looks like they are busy enough trying to get the 8000 into the market in the first place.

On the other hand, it would also be great to get the freesat people to broadcast a proper EPG with their channels that would work with any receiver.

• Hi there, I think you have missed the point, this has nothing to do with interactive services, this is about the new UK HDTV Freesat service from the BBC and ITV also I'm sure there is a HDTV service in Germany and other European countries.

I still would like to get some feedback from DMM.

Regards..