Code to perform the movie cuts on DM7025

• Zitat

* The ipk file is now packaged the right way, so it can be used...

Just one question: Do I have to uninstall the old version in any way before using the install file?

• Zitat

Just one question: Do I have to uninstall the old version in any way before using the install file?

I am not sure about how ipkg is intended to be used in general, but in this specific case you need not uninstall it since all files are overwritten by the new ones.

Anders

• (Oops, a small bug in the mcut program caused it to hang if no cuts were specified. Hopefully an unusual condition, but still. Sorry! New versions uploaded above.)

Anders

• aholst

Thank you for the great tool. I started today using mcut. It works really good. Unfortunately I have some older movies without the .ts.ap files. I deleted it for some reason. Without these files the mcut plugin doesn't work.

Do you have an idea how to reproduce these files? Or is there perhaps a workaround to get the mcut plugin working.

Thanks pbdreams

• pbdreams wrote:

Zitat

Thank you for the great tool. I started today using mcut. It works really good. Unfortunately I have some older movies without the .ts.ap files. I deleted it for some reason. Without these files the mcut plugin doesn't work.

Do you have an idea how to reproduce these files? Or is there perhaps a workaround to get the mcut plugin working.

MovieCut needs the .ap file to calculate where to place the cuts. There is unfortunately no simple workaround.

(However, it should be theoretically possible to reconstruct the .ap file from the .ts file, although I don't know exactly how. Maybe there will be such a tool in the future.)

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• Hallo, MCUT is working great for me but what I miss is the posibillity to start mcut from the menu. The cuteditor can be found when pressing the menu button. Is it posible to configure on of the other buttons as a start the cutting process button.

Albert

• Albert39 wrote:

Zitat

MCUT is working great for me but what I miss is the posibillity to start mcut from the menu

I hope that by "mcut" you mean the MovieCut plugin. "mcut" is the C++ program used by the plugin to do the real work. MovieCut-1.1 as well as the previous version MovieCut-1.0 install themselves next to the CutListEditor in the movie menu. Which version are you using? Have you restarted enigma2 since installing?

If anyone still use the mcut program directly from the shell, please update to the mcut program distributed with MovieCut-1.1, since this has much better cutting precision than the version distributed earlier. (Just install the plugin and the new program will overwrite the old one. The program "mcutarg" is obsolete and should be removed since suitable flags to mcut gives the same functionality. lscut and chcut has not changed and should still work if someone needs them, although they are not distributed with the plugin anymore.)

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• Hey aholst,

thank you for the great script :).
    But i think i have found a bug.

If i use the option 3 (create a new file), the script doesn´t give a notification back at the end.
    And if i try to cut antother movie after this, the script says thats another cut is in progress.

This is not true, the hdd stop to work an the new file appears at the movie list and i can play this movie without errors.

Only a restart of Enigma give me the ability to cut another movie without the error message.

So i think there is a litte bug in the script.

Can you check that?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von DLH007 ()

• This certainly seems like an annoying bug, but I am not able to reproduce it here.

Does it happen every time or just now and then?

To figure out where it hangs, I would need your help. I have attached a version of the plugin with some debug output. Could you please try this:
    * Replace the old /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieCut/plugin.py with this one (which is called .txt to make it attachable, but it is just .py)
    * Stop the old enigma2 by giving the command "init 4"
    * Start enigma2 again with the command "/bin/sh /usr/bin/enigma2.sh 2> /hdd/enigma2_logfile"
    * Do the steps you usually do to cut a movie, and when it seems done (from e.g. the disk spinning down as you say) try to cut another one.
    * Stop enigma2 either by "Restart GUI" from the menu, or Ctrl-C in the shell.
    * If you managed to provoke the bug, send me the resulting log file /hdd/enigma2_logfile (per email, it is uninteresting for the forum). Otherwise you have to try again from the fourth point above.
    * Restart enigma2 in normal mode again by the command "init 3"

Hopefully this logfile will show where it hangs.

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

(Edit: OK, I'm aware of the skin changes, and this version do not take them into account, but just dont use the fourth alternative "advanced cut parameter settings"...)

• hi,

thanks for you feedback.
    But i'am also not be able to reproduce it.

For a while i have make chances on the script, i have translated the outputs in german.
    Between the tests and the completion, i had some light errors and many restarts of enigma.
    Sometime between this all, i have the described bug.
    But after a complete restart of the Dreambox, the bug never appears again.

So its all ok :smiling_face:

When the bug appears again, i give you an detailed feedback.

• Thank you for great mcut tool!

I was wondering whether it would be possible to run mcut on (linux) PC? It would save some hassle for me since I will anyway run ffmpeg on PC for transcoding my recordings...

• janza wrote:

Zitat

I was wondering whether it would be possible to run mcut on (linux) PC?

Sure, I can send you the C++ code if you send me an email. (I can't send attachments through the board email facility, so this is the easiest way.)

However, on a linux PC with X11 as window system there are several alternative and more powerful tools to cut your movie. I think one is called "dvbcut", but there are probably many more out there.

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• This plugin is calling session.open() from __init__() and it makes it crash with a "modal mismatch" quite often...

• moveq wrote:

Zitat

This plugin is calling session.open() from __init__() and it makes it crash with a "modal mismatch" quite often...

Yor report is quite vague (no crash-log, no mention of whether it crashes in the beginning or end or at a certain dialog), and I don't manage to repeat the problem here, and I also see no potential problem with calling open at that place.

So I can only speculate: For example, the Suomipoeka plugin is known to have this destructive effect on some plugins (among them MovieCut), apparently because it tries to close the menu the plugin was started from, right after starting it. I have not followed up exactly what happens.

Anyway, a new version of MovieCut is on its way, adapted to recent enigma2 changes, and with some luck it will also solve your problem.

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• There is no need for a crash log :smiling_face:

session.open() can not be called from a constructor of a Screen derived class that is to be opened with session.open() aswell. Only trying to help here :smiling_face:

• I know there is a superfluous Screen class in the beginning, (one of the things removed in the next version), but that Screen is never used, and the openWithCallback that you pressumably refer to opens the initial Screen which is a ChoiceBox. Therefore I suspect that this is not the real reason for the crsh. Especially since it works here. If it were wrong it would probably crash every time and everywhere.

(Thanks for the report, all help to weed out bugs is of course appreciated. But if you want me to track this further I would really need a crash log... But I suggest you wait until the new version is out.)

Anders

• Yesterday I did do a quick test by asynchronously deferring the session.open() call in MovieCut.__init_() by using a singleshot eTimer and that made the MovieCut plugin work perfectly.

Anyway, if the class is no longer Screen derived the problem will most likely be eliminated in the next release. Let's see how it works out and come back to this then...

You do have a valid point that the Enhanced MovieList is closing the menu "immediately" but this should only cause a fallback to the parent dialog in the session which is the MovieList itself.. Is there some other plugin that also is not working when launched from the Enhanced MovieList? I'd like to see if there's something I need to change to avoid these compatibility issues...

• I have the same problem as DLH007.

> If i use the option 3 (create a new file), the script doesn´t give a notification back at the end.
    > And if i try to cut antother movie after this, the script says thats another cut is in progress.

For me it seems that Quickbutton --> Graphical EPG is breaking the function of the MCUT.

• There is a new version of MovieCut available.
    * It is adapted to the skin changes of 2008-04-14.
    * It includes the possibility to cut into another location, using the location changes of 2008-06-28 (in the 2.5 branch of Enigma2, which means that this branch is required).
    * It uses eConsoleAppContainer instead of spawnv/waitpid to launch "mcut".
    Hopefully this version solves both the problems experienced by moveq and by DLH007 and pucco.
    Included below are ipk and tar.bz2 files. This version can also be downloaded from the plugin menu if you use the experimental feed.

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• is it a bug or a feature, that in the cvs version of moviecut the mcut binary is not shipped with the plugin? it's located in the package enigma2-plugins, but there is no packet depend from the moviecut ipk to enigma2-plugins

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter