Code to perform the movie cuts on DM7025

• I promised to tell you the progress with making MovieCut work for HD movies on DM800 and DM8000. I have now a preliminary version that works on DM800 and DM8000 for both HD-movies and normal SD-movies. It still produces some flickering at the cut points though, I have not yet been able to remove this. Also, normal SD-movies cut with this version will show flickering at the cut points when played back on a DM7025, so if you start using this version you may like to keep your DM7025 and DM800/8000 movies separated...

I would have preferred to produce a version that works on both DM7025 and DM800/8000, could handle both SD and HD, and produce no flickering at all when played back on either, but this is rather tricky (although it should not be impossible). So since this may take considerable time, and there have been some requests for a HD-capable version, I release this preliminary version now.

Its only the binary that has changed, and I distribute only that one, in the attached tar archive. You need to unpack it on the box in the directory where the mcut binary resides (either /usr/bin/ or /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieCut/bin/ depending on where you got the MovieCut plugin from), and rename it from mcut-dm800 to mcut. (It is a good idea to first rename the original mcut to mcut.orig.)

I hope this will help.

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

Edit: Note that this binary is obsoleted now by version 1.3 of MovieCut posted below. It remains here just for those running older Enigma2 versions than required by MovieCut-1.3.

• There is a new version of MovieCut, 1.3. It is available for download from the Plugins menu (the experimental feed as usual). It requires an Enigma2 not older than 2009-10-14.

This version of mcut can now cut movies on both DM7025 and DM800/DM8000, and both normal and HD movies, i.e. the separate version in the post above is not required on the DM800/DM8000 platform any more.

The new version also cuts the recently introduced .sc files (making precise fast forward and rewind possible), and copies the .eit as well (making the info button work on cut movies).

There may still be some flickering at the cut points, especially on DM800/DM8000, but it is rather limited. It is hard to do better than this without remuxing.

Note: Due to a recent driver update on the DM7025, older movies cut with the previous version of mcut and previously playing without flickering, may now start showing flickering at the cut points when played with the new driver. The new version of mcut is adjusted to cause minimal flickering with the new driver, but a separate conversion program would be needed to convert older movies to remove the flickering. I can't promise anything, but I may in the future try to provide such a conversion program, along the lines of the msplice program posted somewhere above in this thread. By the way: don't use that old version of msplice any more because it is adjusted to the old driver and will thus introduce flickering rather than remove it!

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• there is a compiling problem with your new reconstruct apsc plugin:

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• i have some trouble with todays versions of moviecut and recunstuctapsc

mfg

OoZooN

• with the latest fixes everthing works fine now. thanks for your great work.

mfg

OoZooN

• As is already hinted by the above posts, there is a new plugin, ReconstructApSc, which may be useful for those who have used an old version of MovieCut (1.2 and earlier). Those versions of moviecut didn't produce any .sc files for the cut movies, making fast forward and rewind less precise (and even painful at slow speed rewind). The new plugin reconstructs those missing files for you. It also reconstructs the .ap files, necessary for cutting with all versions of MovieCut, in case you have lost them for a movie you want to cut.

Available for download from the plugins menu (experimental feed) as usual.

For more information, see this thread .

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von aholst ()