• hi to all

i was looking at /hdd/epg.dat file, but:
    if already written and saved to hdd, who or when or why removes it before shutdown or before start? why not same for the file (epgcache) moved to usb?
    thanks in advance

• epg.dat on /hdd is deleted on boot because you have rm -f /hdd/epg.* in rcS. the file on usb may not be deleted because the rcS has not been changed.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• thanks for the answer...... why delete this files?
    if you delete the lines in rcS, the files are deleted the same, no way to save it on hdd?
    epgcache.cpp reading.... ehm not so easy.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tension ()

• epg.dat on /hdd should only be removed if you do a flash-erase
    or if you boot a new installed image for the first time :confused_face:
    see in rcS:

dbluelle

• Zitat

Originally posted by dbluelle
    epg.dat on /hdd should only be removed if you do a flash-erase
    or if you boot a new installed image for the first time :confused_face:
    see in rcS:

dbluelle

hi db, i know it, but......:
    could i save the cache after epg.dat download? After shutdown (and restart), could enigma utilize that file, the complete epg (1,8mb), without having to stand everyrestart 3 minutes on epgchannel?

• I think I don't quite understand your problem :frowning_face:

The epg.dat file is saved to hdd when going to deep standby and loaded when booting again.
    As I said above, it is only erased if you do a flash-erase or if you install a new image.
    So there's no need to download or upload it :confused_face: .

Maybe something's wrong with your installed image?

Which Dreambox model do you have?
    (I can only tell you how this works on my DM7000, but AFAIK it should be the same on the 7020 and the 600)

dbluelle

• I never experienced what did you described as normal epg working. I noticed that because in this period was looking at the sources regarding epg. My 7000s ( year 2002 ?) 2b series, blue display, hdd maxtor 80g, does not work the same way. Perhaps my images are the problem, but I noticed that others too have the same behaviour, gemini360 for example, and the rcS file is quite the same as original one. I solved the problem as i described above, but i did not understand the reason why. Now if i put on hdd the old files too, these are deleted, not new ones, but the rcS contains the lines for removing of both types of files, old and new named..... and we are not in the init=1 condition.

Thanks dbluelle

• Zitat

Original von tension
    Now if i put on hdd the old files too, these are deleted, not new ones, but the rcS contains the lines for removing of both types of files, old and new named..... and we are not in the init=1 condition.

I still don't understand it :(.
    What do you mean by "old" and "new" files?
    Do you have code for deleting /hdd/epg.dat in your rcS outside the init=1 condition ?
    If that's the case then of course the file is deleted on every boot :face_with_rolling_eyes: .

Perhaps you should ask the creators of your other images if they put some weird stuff into their images...

dbluelle

• Zitat

Original von tension
    Now if i put on hdd the old files too, these are deleted, not new ones, but the rcS contains the lines for removing of both types of files, old and new named..... and we are not in the init=1 condition.

this for test we are not in condition init=1, and that the solution is renaming:
    rcS:

Code
    hdparm -M 128 /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target${HD}/lun0/disc
    		if [ $init -eq 1 ] ; then
    			rm -f /hdd/epg.*
    			rm -f /hdd/xxx.*
    		fi

with 4 files on /hdd (epg.dat, epg.dat.md5, xxx.dat, xxx.dat.md5) and this rcS at boot
    i find only xxx files. ok?
    so on hdd:
    epg.dat does not work, the files are deleted
    xxx.epg.dat works, at boot we find the files on hdd, and the epg complete downloaded before restart is reloaded, all ok
    rcS file is normal, standard, official.

if i change epgcache path like in webif, say put it to usb, the original files not renamed, are not deleted.
    epg file on hdd does not work
    epg file on usb works.

on my db, sky it epg. ok?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tension ()