Restart in the middle of watching, no boot anymore

• Box type: 7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): enigm2
    Firmware version: don't know

Hi!

Once again i have a problem with my Dreambox. Recently it started rebooting itself for no apparent reason, in the middle of watching. When i turn it on normally, it boots fine, and a watch it for some time and then it just restarts and can't boot anymore. I flashed the latest official image, but still the same. I have DVB S&T, no HDD.

What can i do?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Eversmoking ()

• it could be that simply it gets to hot if you have the old power supply built into it. have you tried checking the Harddisk temperature with hddtemp binary (in some images it is included in menu interface) or running the box completely open without the cover sheet ?

If you really have a temperature problem you could consider having teh power supply replaced (your dealer should know ho to get a new one if you still have warranty) or by adding a small fan to the dreambox - there are lots of posts/examples on how to do this but unfortunately most of them are in german - but if you know that Lüfter = Fan then you should be able to find these threads and could ask there.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• gutemine made a small missspelling: Lüfter = Fan

otherwise you won't find anything.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Heh, the fan is there already, i've put it in a long time ago. Here's what happens - i upload the image via DreamUp and everything is ok, but as soon as i restart or shut it down, it doesn't boot anymore. there's no HDD in it. i seriously suspect something is wrong wit the box, because this was happening from day 1 since i bought it, everything worked ok and after 2-3 months it wouldn't boot anymore. I always thought it's simply because i didn't know how to use it properly, but now it seems it really is defected. and the warranty is gone since april :frowning_face: i don't know what could be the problem, since i've always done things like i was told by experienced users, and pretty much never had anything on the box apart from the image, only 2-3 plugins and that's it.

Thanx for the answers, btw.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Eversmoking ()