• Is it possible to adjust the size and colour of the subtitles? They are very big in my opinion. Especially on a 42" screen.

It would be nice to be able to change the size and colour of the subtitles from the menus.

• I've asked one of the software engineers about this a while back, but according to him it's not that simple.

I also don't like the size and color.
    The font should be a few dots smaller and the color like standard subs, white with black outline.

Cheers,

Michel

• Bump!

The big blue TTX-subtitles in the middle of the TV screen are very annoying indeed. Please, pretty please, change them. Or at least tell us how we can do it ourselves!

-DMC-

7025 S/T 200GB

• Zitat

The big blue TTX-subtitles in the middle of the TV screen are very annoying indeed. Please, pretty please, change them. Or at least tell us how we can do it ourselves!

I don't want to complain too much, but for me the blue subs are useless.
    They look really awful when used with BBC channels (where subs often have 3 lines) and are way too big and lack black bars around them, so they are difficult to read against some backgrounds. Also, they cannot handle live subtitling, where the subs are just printed on top of each other.

But there's help from Scandinavia (where subtitles are part of normal TV life and people care how they look) There's an enigma2 plugin called 2SUB which handles the subtitles much better and gives you a lot of control about the look, size and position of the subs.

2SUB is not perfect and has one annoying bug (it get's stuck with BBC subtitles when they position them at the top of the screen during the beginning of films, so you need to press TEXT to get it running again) - if you can live with this you'll be very hapy with it, because it gives you subtitles that simply look great.

If you can't find it, send me a private message and I'll email you a web address where you can find them on a different board.

• Yes, I know. I've been using 2SUB for quite a while and I'm sick and tired of the sticking DVB subtitles. I wish I could just turn off 2SUB's DVB subtitles and only use its TTX subs. For DVB, I'd use the built-in subtitles (seem to be working well).
    2SUB's TTX subs work astoundigly well, but not the DVB subs. Enigma's DVB subs work very well, but not the TTX subs.

7025 S/T 200GB

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Don MC ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by Don MC
    I wish I could just turn off 2SUB's DVB subtitles and only use its TTX subs.

Will look into this next time I update it...
    /Gruffy

-o)
    /\\ Message void if penguin violated
    _\_V Don't mess with the penguin

• Gruffy, while you're at it, I have one more request: A possibility to delay the showing of live TTX-subs. Our local broadcaster seems to be sending out their TTX-subs 2-3 seconds too early and that is a nuisance.

7025 S/T 200GB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Don MC ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by Don MC
    Gruffy, while you're at it, I have one more request: A possibility to delay the showing of live TTX-subs. Our local broadcaster seems to be sending out their TTX-subs 2-3 seconds too early and that is a nuisance.

That is already there. Check the configs for that...

/Gruffy

-o)
    /\\ Message void if penguin violated
    _\_V Don't mess with the penguin

• OK. Thanks. Shall take a peek.
    Which config file is it?

[edit]: I think You misunderstood my question. I was seeking a way to delay (or advance) the LIVE teletext subs, not the recorded subs. There is a Rec delay option sure, but it doesn't affect the live subs.

-DMC-

7025 S/T 200GB

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Don MC ()