SMARTCARD and DM7025

• No, they just don't sell to people using open/free software. If it would be just about paying some money, we would support everything available, but the usual compliance rules require completely closed systems. No Network access to HDD, no own programs.

• Would that meant that we have to run an emulator instead of these cards?

Then the question is, does the existing emulators work with dm7025.

Please do not understand my question as pushing for things to happen, I'm well aware that a lot of things are still under developement, I just do not know what is ready and what is not? and how it will be informed when things are ready.

regds.

• Errr, do you know that using emulators is ILLEGAL???!!!

• No, I did not.

I mean if the provider does not have a better solution, then it it probably not illegal, or :confused_face:

Any how, you can consider it as a part of my frustration conderning the last part of the post (what is ready, and how to know if new things are coming)

regds.

• Well it is illegal, even if you only use it to be able to read the smartcard, as no license fees are paid to the owner of the cryptsystem in that case

• Zitat

Original von dcdead

Well it is illegal, even if you only use it to be able to read the smartcard, as no license fees are paid to the owner of the cryptsystem in that case

Deine Aussage ist so nicht richtig. Es ist nicht generell illegal die Cardreader zu aktivieren für andere Cryptsysteme.

Malone7

• :confused_face:

Ich habe soeben meine neue DM7025 in Betrieb genommen... Nun habe ich beim Kauf eine FireCrypt-Karte mitgeliefert bekommen. Ich habe diese in beiden Smartcard-Schächten ausprobiert, aber leider ohne Erfolg! Muss noch etwas eingestellt werden?

PS: Ich verwende das offizielle Image vom 16.01.

• There are also LEGAL Hardware CI modules (ASTON / DVB) that you put your smartcards in...

In this case the crypt SW in located in the CI HW module and licensed by the company who made the CI module. There are no licensing issues whatsoever for Dream MM in this case. Just buy the right module for your smartcard.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alydar ()

• Zitat

Original von TomDooley
    verwirrt

Ich habe soeben meine neue DM7025 in Betrieb genommen... Nun habe ich beim Kauf eine FireCrypt-Karte mitgeliefert bekommen. Ich habe diese in beiden Smartcard-Schächten ausprobiert, aber leider ohne Erfolg! Muss noch etwas eingestellt werden?

Zitat

Original von Karl-Marx
    Empfängst du Hotbird ?

Die beiden Sender sind nur per Hotbird zu empfangen.

Habe das gleiche Problem. Und ich empfange definitiv HotBird.

DM7025 S, Seagate ST380012ACE, 80GB ( wurde außer Bertieb gesetzt )
    DM8000, WD10EADS Caviar Green, 1TB ( ist leider verstorben )
    2x DM7020HD, WD10EARS Caviar Green, 1TB
    DM800SE Seagate ST9750423AS (Momentum) 750GB
    Multisw: Spaun 9982; LNB: 1x ALPS Universal-Quatro-LNB
    QNAP TS-209 Pro II, 2x Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ, 1TB
    FritzBox 7490

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tedi ()

• Zitat

Original von TomDooley
    :confused_face:

Karte mit Chip nach unten!?

cu

floh

• Bei mir ja, nach unten.. steht ja auch so in der Kurz-Anleitung.

FritzBox 7490

• So, mit den aktuellen Dreamville-Updates funktioniert auch die Firecrypt - Karte.

Merci dafür.

FritzBox 7490