DreamStream E1 - 0.3.2a (discontinued!)

• I don't mind at all. Never used. I use only the window mode, when i work and i want to watch something,
    and the fullscreen mode for tv viewing only.

Like i say before....thanks in a million....you are the..MEN...!!!

Nessus

• Hey there LazyT...
    Sorry to bother you again but i have a half-bad news.

Well...the .dll that you give me was working great like i told you earlier. The thing is that i did the testing
    only in my desktop computer with nVidia 8500GT graphics card. When i've try to test it in my laptop HP nx8220
    with ATI Mobility Radeon X600 card, Aero is still working, the sound is ok but...video shows some moving colored bars like this :

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i25.tinypic.com/a3k0b6.jpg]

and this is the good screenshoot from my desktop computer :

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i26.tinypic.com/v3ncxw.jpg]

Before posting this message i did all of i can think of : Latest ATI drivers (v9.3.1), tetsing with all the settings of the driver,
    testing settings in VLC, unistalling and installing again the VLC and reset settings....nothing. And as last test i did fresh installtion
    of the entire Windows and i installed only the latest drivers for the graphics card for testing on clean system, but....no luck again.

Everything else in both computers are the same (opereting system, network connections, codecs etc), the only diference is the graphics card.

Do you have any ideas or i'am just un-lucky with a laptop with ATI vga card...?

Thank you again and sorry for keep posting for this.
    Nessus

P.S. Do you thing it has something to do with :31339 video port ? because [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] for my Dreambox 7000 is using the :31344 as video
    port with a new streaming service called Zapstream. But the again why is working to the desktop computer...ah...???

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Hello again

Well...didn't find any solution with the colored verticals bars in my HP nx8220 with ATI X600 vga. I try anything that i find in the net about problems
    with video vertical colored bars. No luck. So I've return to Dreamview with a older version of VLC version 0.8.6i. That is latest version of VLC that
    Dreamview is working. From version 0.9.x and later Dreamview is not working. I get no video and no sound at all.

Μaybe ι will open a thread in ATI's support forum and someone there have a solution. I am 99% sure that is ATI/driver/settings problem.

I will post back with any news

Thanks
    Nessus

• Where is DS getting the 31339 port from?

I tried DS 0.3.2 and I’m very happy with how it performs. I can stream from my ****** 4.0, DM600 to anywhere, change channel and even watch recorded programs. Works great! Many thanks!

Now my problem; I have four dreamboxes at home and I’m connected to the internet via a Netgear router.

I would like to be able to connect DS to any of the DB’s but since all DB’are using the 31339 port for live TV and the 31342 port for movies I can’t figure out how to set up port forwarding.

Is DS getting the port numbers from the DB WebIf? Is it possible to configure DS to use other ports so that I can setup port forwarding in my router? Can the ports be configured in the DB?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Vielen Dank!

• Sorry, but this was never implemented. :loudly_crying_face:

As workaround you could do the following:

1) decompress the dreamstream.exe with UPX ("upx -d dreamstream.exe")
    2) search and replace all the 31338, 31339 and 31342 with your ports for dreambox 1-4
    3) setup forwarding to these ports

You have then 4 different dreamstream.exe for your 4 dreamboxes...

Ich bin nicht faul sondern im Energiesparmodus!

• Fast answer – Thank You!

I agree with previous speakers – You are the Man!

Cool, I could (and will) try to do that, just two control questions before.

Is there some way to configure what ports are being used in the DB itself?

If the .exe is decompressed, doesn’t it need to be recompressed or compiled afterwards?

• Zitat

Is there some way to configure what ports are being used in the DB itself?

This is defined in /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf.

Zitat

If the .exe is decompressed, doesn’t it need to be recompressed or compiled afterwards?

No, its only compressed to minimize the filesize and will work uncrompressed too.

• Hey LazyT

Patching the ports worked excellent!

I can now view any of my boxes from anywhere! Happy and impressed and so is my wife. she's traveling a lot and loves her DB, and misses it when on the road.

Only thing that's a little bit surprising is that the status bar still says :31339. Doesn’t matter, it works!

Thanks a lot!

Noch mal, vielen Dank!

• Zitat

Patching the ports worked excellent!

Nice.

Zitat

Only thing that's a little bit surprising is that the status bar still says :31339. Doesn’t matter, it works!

Hm, and you are sure you have replaced all strings? This should work too...

• Yes, absolutely sure as long as we're talking string search. Just repeated the search in the patched exe. I also closed the 31338, 31339 and 31342 ports in my firewall at home and everything streams as it should. I'm currently accessing my network remotely.

• Hallo,
    Für meine DM600-C mit Firmware vom 22.7.2009 und WebIf 6.02 habe ich heute den Dreamstream unter XP installiert. TV-Streaming funktioniert perfekt, aber die Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen ist nicht möglich. Es passiert beim Doppelklick auf eine Festplattendatei einfach nichts. Auch der Wiedergabe-Button springt nach etwa 1 sek. wieder zurück, ohne dass etwas angezeigt wird. Die unter dem Bildfenster angezeigte URL geht auf Port 31342. Muss da auf der DM etwas passend dazu eingestellt werden ?
    Dreamstream meldet sich in der Info mit 0.3.2a vom 25.2.2007. Das kleine a soll ja auf die gefixte Version hindeuten, aber bei mir klappt es leider nicht. Über eine Lösungsidee würde ich mich freuen.
    Danke schon mal im Voraus.
    Andreas

• Ich habe leider seit der Einstellung von DS E1 keine Box mehr zum testen hier. :frowning_face:

Schau mal bitte ob der Port 31342 überhaupt noch bereitgestellt wird:

- in /etc/services müsste ein Eintrag "streamtsfile 31342/tcp" vorhanden sein
    - in /etc/inetd.conf müsste ein Eintrag "streamtsfile stream tcp nowait root /sbin/streamts streamts -tsfile" vorhanden sein

Kannst du denn über VLC Filme angucken?

• Hallo LazyT,
    Vielen Dank für Deine schnelle Antwort.
    Mit VLC funktionieren die Aufnahmen auch nicht.
    Web-X-TV geht immerhin mit VLC, nachdem ich einen alten VLC-Player (086i) aufgrund mehrerer Hinweise im Forum installiert habe (mit VLC 1.03 hat es nicht geklappt). Aber insgesamt ist TV über Dreamstream natürlich viel komfortabler.
    Nochmal zur Wiedergabe der Aufnahmen: Die Kommunikation zur Dreambox (192.168.6.29) wird wohl richtig aufgebaut, ich habe mir das ganze mit Packetyzer im LAN mal angeschaut. Aber die Verbindung wird dann schnell wieder geschlossen. In der Anlage habe ich das Protokoll angehängt. Es gehen nur 9 Pakete hin und her. Irgendwie scheinen sich streamts -tsfile und VLC nicht zu vertragen. :confused_face:
    Die Aufnahmen als solche sind mit VLC problemlos abspielbar, wenn ich sie lokal auf den PC kopiere.

Viele Grüße
    Andreas

• Dennoch vielen Dank für die gute Unterstützung. :thumbs_up:
    Wenn sich jmd. hier meldet, bei dem das funktioniert, finden sich vielleicht noch ein paar Lösungshinweise. :upside_down_face:
    Als Workaround hilft der Samba-Server, der bei dieser Firmware-Version standardmäßig mit dabei ist. Am PC in der DOS-Box (cmd) eingeben: net use * \\ip-adr-der-box\Harddisk (hinter dem Stern ist ein Blank :exclamation_mark: ) , dann ist unter dem Dir. movie der direkte Zugriff auf die Aufnahmen und die Wiedergabe mit dem VLC-Player möglich. Am besten noch in den Einstellungen/Experten-Menü der DM eine größere Dateigröße für die Aufnahmen vorgeben, dann ist die Wiedergabe am Stück ohne Dateiwechsel möglich.

• hallo, ich habe eine Dreambox 500 + und E1 DreamStream 0.3.2.a nicht anzeigen können, die Kanäle in der Nagra3 TVCabo und Digital +, fragen, ob jetzt 'Lösung für dieses Problem .... thanks

• Schau mal bitte ob der Port 31342 überhaupt noch bereitgestellt wird:

- in /etc/services müsste ein Eintrag "streamtsfile 31342/tcp" vorhanden sein
    - in /etc/inetd.conf müsste ein Eintrag "streamtsfile stream tcp nowait root /sbin/streamts streamts -tsfile" vorhanden sein

Hallo,

ich habe seit 4 wochen eine Dreambox 600 und bin voll begeistert. Allerdings geht das abspielen von aufgenommenen Filmen mit Dreamstream nicht.

Ich habe die zwei Dateien angeschaut. In der inetd.conf ist der Eintrag vorhanden.

In der services habe ich keinen entsprechenden Eintrag gefunden.

Ist es möglich den Eintrag einfach hinzuzufügen, oder gibt das Probleme?

Gruß

Thomas