DreamStream E1 - 0.3.2a (discontinued!)

• hallo ich habe eine kleine frage
    bei mir taucht häufig die fehler meldung get current and nothing ready

aber diese fehlermeldung steht dann im fernseher und dann stürzt auch die box ab muss dann den stecker hinten rausziehen damits weiter läuft..

dream 500 C

Image: Fremde image (eine der bekannten) :smiling_face:

gruss

• und warum denkst du sollte dann dir hier einer helfen können :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• Hm, das Programm fragt von deiner Box Informationen über das Webinterface ab. Wenn dieses sich dabei mit obiger Meldung verabschiedet liegt das dann am Programm oder ist das nicht eher ein Fehler vom Webinterface/Enigma?

Da daran aber niemand mehr so richtig arbeitet wird das wohl auch nicht mehr behoben werden.

Abgesehen davon wirst du mit einer 500er beim streamen eh nicht wirklich glücklich fürchte ich...

Ich bin nicht faul sondern im Energiesparmodus!

• Zitat

Original von LazyT
    Abgesehen davon wirst du mit einer 500er beim streamen eh nicht wirklich glücklich fürchte ich...

ich merk das schon blöder netzwerk bug :smiling_face: naja was sollst aber 1a das programm schade das es nicht weiter entwisckelt wird...

• Hi there LazyT and thanks for the great app.
    Sorry for the almost 10 months later post but i don't where else to post. If is the wrong place let me know and i will post again in the wright place.

I am using Dreamstreamer E1 for a long time time now and i am very happy with no problems at all until Windows Vista. This little miracle is working great
    and in Vista with only one tiny problem: It's killing the Vista Aero effect. When i open the Vpid link with VLC v1.01 from DREAMBOX Web Interface VLC plays
    ok and the Vista Aero is working. When open Dreamstreamer plays ok but the Vista Aero is dead. I've changed the video outpout in VLC settings but again
    no luck. The Aero is not working.

Mady has to do with ds-vlc.dll file...???

Can you please help me with this...???

I know that the Dreamstream E1 project is dead for you but i only want that little thing to be a HAPPY DREAMSTREAMER USER again.

I really hope you have a solution for me because i very happy with Dreamstreamer's simplicity...!!!

Thank you in advance and congratulations for your work.
    Nessus

• Hi Nessus,

DS don't use the installed VLC and it has all functions in the ds-vlc.dll, that's right.

So i guess the problem is really located in this dll, but there are 3 problems:

- the VLC developers does not longer support the creation of a single dll file long time ago (there should be a discussion between me and the devs about this in the videolan forum if i remember right)
    - it was a real pain to patch all the needed things into this dll and i fear i've lost these patches (i'm not sure)
    - i have no vista (and i don't want it)

The questions are:

- does anybody know what has to be changed to get the aero stuff working in the old release of vlc?
    - is it possible to build the current release as standalone dll again

cu,
    Thomas

• Hi again LazyT and thank you for your quick answer.

With the lunch of Windows Vista I've had a same issue with another favorite app of mine the DScaler which i use it for analog TV viewing.
    Then a user (astaria) in this forum found a solution when patched some DScaler files to use Direct3D instead of Overlay.
    Do you think you, or anybody else who can help, can do something similar ?

I understand that you dont use any Aero OS (Vista or Win7) but maybe if you know what's the diference (cause i don't have a clue ! ) between
    Direct3D & Overlay can you do it...!!!

Of curse any one else that can help in this issue please...please...please...step in and give us a hand.

Sorry to be so pushy about this but what can i do.... I love DreamStreamer.

Thanks again
    Nessus

P.S. I'am curious. How your E2 version of DreamStreamer is working on Vista Aero. Anyone knows ???

• If overlay is the problem please try the following:

- run vlc (uses the overlay)
    - run dreamstream (overlay can't be used because vlc is already using it)
    - close vlc

Does this work? But without overlay there's no desktop-tv...

DS e2 isn't based on vlc - it uses gstreamer. Overlay can't be use there because the directdrawsink doesn't support this...

• Ok...thanks LazyT.

I am at work now. I will try it later tonight (Greece time) and i will let know.

In my endless search in the past weeks for a solution, i found some other info on MSDN Blog about the Windows Aero
    where some MS guy it's explains how the Aero thing works. You think is helpful ?

Thanks

• Hello again LazyT .
    Well...I've try the combination that you told me but no results again. The damn thing it's stops the moment
    that video appears in Dreamstreamer's window. When i open a Radio Channel the Aero still works but when
    i open a TV Channel and the video appears the Aero is dead.

By the way another similar program like DS called Dreamview is working fine with Windows Aero (!!!???) but
    unfortunately for some reason is not working any more with the new version v1.01 of VLC and the developer
    is no longer working in that project.

I am open to any ideas and solutions.

Thanks
    Nessus

• Zitat

The damn thing it's stops the moment that video appears in Dreamstreamer's window.

Then it doesn't has to do with overlay or your vlc wasn't running in overlay mode. Make a screenshot (alt+print) of the vlc window and if you see the video it's not overlay.

Zitat

Dreamview is working fine

Any program will working fine if it uses the installed vlc and not an own libvlc.

Edit: As i understand now ANY directx video output disables aero, not the overlay. So direct3d seems to be the only solution...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LazyT ()

• Here i am again...

Well...any screenshoot that i took with any combination (with vlc runnig or not) i get a black image. I manage to take a normal screenshoot only
    when i uncheck the "overlay video outpout" option in VLC (v1.01) settings. Of course the Aero was stop again and the picture quality was worse compared
    with the quality when that option (overlay video outpout) is active.

I wanna thank you again for your patience to this issue of mine, and i hope you find a solution.
    Nessus

• The last vlc version usable for ds was the "vlc-snapshot-20061018.tar.gz". The problem: i don't have this file and i can't find it on the net. Without this i can't build a new ds-vlc.dll. :loudly_crying_face:

If you find it anywhere please post it...

• The last vlc version usable for ds was the "vlc-snapshot-20061018.tar.gz". The problem: i don't have this file and i can't find it on the net. Without this i can't build a new ds-vlc.dll. :loudly_crying_face:

If you find it anywhere please post it...

Have you tried here ? I don't know if there is exactly what you need, but there's almost every distribution...

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• Yes, but i didn't find older snapshots there.

On the net i've found "vlc-snapshot-20060926.tar.gz". Maybe it's also possible to checkout from the git repository...

• Not really, but i've found a vlc-snapshot-20061014.tar.gz in the meantime.

Please try the one attached in the first post...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LazyT ()

• BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......... :thumbs_up:

LazyT.....YOU....ARE....THE.....MAN.... :thumbs_up:

Its working great. Video come's up and Aero its still working.

Now i am a happy "Dreamstreamer Windows Aero User"...!!!

Thanks in million men. You are a life savior... :exclamation_mark: :exclamation_mark: :exclamation_mark:

Nessus