Universal DreamUp for LINUX public BETA

• Here we go - the first version of DreamUP for Linux.

To have mostly the same look and feel like DreamUP for Windows, it's an X application..

As a prerequisite it needs gtk1.2 and gdk-pixbuf (OK, it also needs a running X server ;)). For Debian an "apt-get install libgdk-pixbuf" should install all needed packages.

Yes, the graphics is not quite like vista, but I wanted the program to have as little prerequisites as possible - gtk-1.2 is available and working on any linux distribution.

Please run this programm as "root", as it uses ICMP ping, which is only allowed for root (the same applies to windows, but it has an own DLL for PING, running with Administrator privileges *sigh*).

http://diemade.dream-multimedi…DreamUP-1.1-publicBETA.gz

• Zitat

Originally posted by DieMade
    Here we go - the first version of DreamUP for Linux.

:winking_face_with_tongue:
    well done :smiling_face:

with ubuntu 6.10: it starts without problem (with the libgdk_pixbuf), but i cannot try it at the moment

edit: connected to the db via ttyS0! :winking_face:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gast69 ()

• Hallo,

wollte mich hier mal bei euch Bedanken, für die Linxversion des Dreamup....

Bin ja Kubuntu-Anfänger und habe es auch bei mir nach der installation von
    " libdevel/libgdk-pixbuf-dev [universe] " gestartet bekommen :winking_face:

Sorry, das ich deutsch hier poste, aber ich kann kein Englisch :angry_face:

MfG EgLe

Kernel : Linux 6.1.26-1-MANJARO (64-bit)-MANJARO (LTS)
    GUI : KDE 5.105.0 / Plasma 5.27.4
    Machine : Intel NUC8i7HVK
    Graphics : Radeon RX Vega M GH
    CPU : Intel Core i7-8809G @ 8x 4.2GHz
    RAM : Gskill F4-3000C16S-16GRS Speicherkarte so D4 3000 16GB C16 Rip

• near to perfect
    just loosed my 7000 with a bad cvs, and just recovered with this dreamup :grinning_squinting_face:
    only a little doubt: after the dreamup flash, i need to make a manual flash erase (with the front button: after the first boot without press it the 7000 seems to hangs in the dream multimedia diplay screen)
    regards, and good works!!! :smiling_face:

• Offizieller Beitrag

it's a file which is zipped with "gzip".
    A simple "type "gunzip <filename>" should help you out.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• I have some problems with my DM7025, nothing at all happens when I start it, the display is completely blank (lights up though). Completely switching it of also doesn't help.

So I thought of flashing it again. Since I only have access to a laptop with PCLinuxOS installed with a serial port, I downloaded the Linux version of DreamUP. But I can not get i working, nothing happens when I try to run it. Any special tricks I have to do? I am not very experienced with Linux... I have gtk and gdk-pixbuf installed, but version 2.0 of gtk. Is that possibly a problem?

• Zitat

Originally posted by dahlberg
    I have gtk and gdk-pixbuf installed, but version 2.0 of gtk. Is that possibly a problem?

I just flashed my dm5620 succesfully on FC6 (gtk2 also). Needed to:
    # cd /usr/lib
    # ln -s libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.1000.8 libgdk_pixbuf.so.2

Ie:
    # ls -ltg |head -2
    total 352468
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 29 Apr 3 11:46 libgdk_pixbuf.so.2 -> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.1000.8

• Hi,

I have a DM600PVR and am trying to use the 1.2 version on Ubuntu 7.10.

However, it doesn't start up. The issue would appear to be a build or packing one - ldd reports that it 'is a not a dynamic executable' - the 1.1 version starts up fine and ldd reports all its dependencies.

Would it be too much to ask that the source code for this is posted? Would seem a lot more reliable than this hit or miss/torture the users binary approach :-).

Failing that, a working repost would help..

Cheers,

Charlie

• Hello.
    I have now installed Debian 4.0 64 on AMD, and cannot start DreamUP for Linux.
    Getting following error after

Code
    sudo ./DreamUP

:

Code
    ./DreamUP: error while loading shared libraries: libgdk_pixbuf.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When execute :

Code
    ls /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf*

Zitat

/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.so.2 /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib.la
    /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.800.20 /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib.so
    /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.a /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0 /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib.so.2
    /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.la /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0.800.20 /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib.so.2.0.0
    /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.so /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib.a

After:

Code
    :/usr/lib$ ls -ltg |head -2

Zitat

total 460724
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 22 2007-11-30 12:04 libgdk_pixbuf.so -> libgdk_pixbuf.so.2.0.0

Any advice will be much appreciated.
    Fergy

• Problem fixed with link:

Code
    ln -s libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 /usr/lib32/libgdk_pixbuf.so.2

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design