Pre-sales question for the Dreambox DM920 Ultra

• Hi everybody,

I saw that the Ultra DM920 can come with DVB-S and DVB-T receivers. Look fantastic.

Question 1

Did anybody use this in a Belgian FTA DVB-T channels + disqeq set-up (13e 19.2e 5w 28.2e)?

Can the region/country be set separately for the DVB-T and DVB-S decoders? e.g Germany or UK for DVB-S and Belgium for DVB-T?

My reason for asking is that my other receiver would not list the local Belgian FTA DVB-T channels except when I had the reciever country set to Belgium, but I had to set it to Germany to get it to scan all the TPs when using a Disqe switch. Hence my concern before I buy a replacement receiver.

Question 2

The majority of the channels I watch are in SD. How good are SD channels on this box?

Question 3

Can decode the multiteam for the French channels transmitted from 5w?

Question 4

Can I copy my collection of films ( h265 h264/mp4,mkv) onto the internal disc drive, and play these out to the HDMI connection which goes to my TV set?

Question 5

Can Enigma2 get flashed on the this receiver? It comes with DreamboxOS.

An alternative is the Dreambox Ultra Two which looks excellent, and just leave the DVB-T up to the TV set that I have. The same questions are also valid for an Ultra Two barring the DVB-T questions, of course. Also, I would not have to flash Enigma because it is already installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reference URL is: https://dreambox.de/en/index.php/dreambox-dm920-ultrahd/

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von catbat ()

• 2 - excellent

3 - yes, and you need the multistream capable tuner with 8 decoders (many channels are still FTA)

5 - default image it is installed and you can also flash any other that is made for the Dreambox 920

The DM920 does not have Widevine and so DVB-T/IPTV/etc. streams that needs that, do not go. The one and two supports Widevine.

From the rescue mode you can flash/online-recover/etc. the box connects via a web-interface wich is easy to use.

ps. this tuner should also support MS: DVB/S2/T2 or DVB-S2

DM.One AIO, DM920, DM7080 archiviert DM8000 aus Dezember 2008 und eine DM600.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von msatter ()

• I have a DM920 with DVB-C FBC (51388) and a MS Triple Hybrid tuner DVB-S2X/C/T2. Runs perfectly. Settings are stored per tunertype. I receive over DiseqC 8 satellite positions and the Dutch DVB-T2 Digitenne (only FTA). The dedicated KPN CI+ module does not work on the DM920.. If you want the Belgian DVB-T2 check if the ‘Antenne’ CI+ works first…