AC3 audio volume not working

• Hello

I have a DM 520 and am having a problem with AC3 audio.

I can't control the channel's volume if it's on AC3 audio.

I tried all ways and changed many images but no change.

Currently, I control the volume through the TV remote.

I hope to find a solution to this problem in the next update.

Thanks in advance.

• Well, AC3 downmix means that it's stereo only. When you have AC3 downmix disabled you have to change the volume on your AV receiver.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• DM520 manual page 40:

Zitat

AC3 standardmäßig: Wird eine Sendung empfangen, die eine AC3 Tonspur (z.B. Dolby Digital) enthält, so wird automatisch auf diese Tonspur umgeschaltet. Die Lautstärkeregelung von AC3-Signalen funktioniert nur wenn die Einstellung „AC3 downmix“ (siehe nächster Punkt) aktiviert ist.

• Andro1

If you have a Samsung-TV you can test the SamsungVolumeRemote-plugin:

With this Plugin you can Control the TV-Volume with the dreambox remote control and use ac3-sound without downmix.

Gruß Sven (aka Dreamy)

DM920 mit unstable OE2.5 DP
    One mit unstable OE2.6 DP

• So you're telling me that I can't change the AC3 volume directly through the DM device and that it's not a problem and it's normal with DM devices ?!

yes, and it has always been like that

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• So you're telling me that I can't change the AC3 volume directly through the DM device and that it's not a problem and it's normal with DM devices ?!

Thats normal for any device not just Dream. You can control volume via HDMI CEC but not directly on the device.

• In my experience, when comparing the two devices (Dream & Humax), I did not find any difference in the sound quality, both provide excellent sound quality.

• I found a solution to control Dolby volume by sync with TV and enabling "Forward Volume Keys to TV/AVR"

But another problem appeared, the mute feature doesn’t work!

I tried changing "Target for forwarded Volume keys" but nothing changed.

Is there a way to make the mute feature work with sync with TV?

Thanks in advance.