Dreambox-Flash Through Browser

• Hi, I had recently changed my internet provider and strangely its Ip address begins with 192.168.2.1. To flash my Dreambox through browser, the Ip address of my box is 192.168.1.120 and it could not connect. I guess the problem is 3rd set of numbers which are underlined and highlighted in red. So, could any expert please tell me what setting could I change to make the connection between my Pc and box? Thank you

• Is the ip static in the box? So you must change it in Settings-Networkmenue. Or is it given via DHCP? Try to shutdown the box and SWITCH IT OFF. Wait 3-5min an turn it on again. In my cases this help to renew the IP.

• Hi Flower, it is in DHCP all the time and the box IP address has been changed to 192.168.2.63. But in recovery mode (I think that what everyone calls it), it didn’t change and still remains at 192.168.1.120.

Hi Alpha, please tell me how I could change the IP address in Recovery mode to 192.168.2.xxx of my box?

Thanks Everyone

• i would recommend that you first check your router settings... to confirm that 192.168.xxx.xxx is your router ip. and also check your dhcp settings.

in recovery mode you cannot change the ip... it's always fetched thru dhcp.

• Hi Alpha, yes, my router IP add: 192.168.2.1 and the box recovery IP add: 192.168.1.120, ever since I had this box. And the network of the box is set at DHCP. I tried everything I could think of before posting here.

• if your router ip is 192.168.2.1 then the router will assign dhcp ip addresses like 192.168.2.xxx

so, if it assigns 192.168.1.120 then there is something wrong with your dhcp setup in the router.

alternatively, you could also set the router's ip address to 192.168.1.1

• Hi Alpha, the box’s present image is during the time of the previous ‘Internet Service Provider’ which it’s IP Add: 192.168.1.1. I guess I have to do a new flash to the box. The only method I knew is by browser which my Pc is to connect to the box at ‘Recovery Mode’ but now they would not connect.

Could any experts teach me another method of flashing that do not requires of setting the box to ‘Recovery Mode’ please?

Thank you

• Yes, there are, but it should not be necessary to use them in normal conditions.

But, first of all, which dreambox are we talking about, with wich image?

My recommendations are:

• Make sure the rescue loader installed on your box is up to date. The update can be done via telnet, downloading the correct package for your box from the dreamboxupdate site in the "Firmware images" section. After downloading the package for your box, copy it in the /tmp directory, connect via telnet and execute the command flash-rescue /tmp/*.bin. Wait for the operation to finish (a few minutes), turn off the box, wait 15 seconds then turn it back on: the new rescue loader is installed! It may also be that the currently installed image already has its own rescue bootloader update menu.
    • Check the router settings and leave the dreambox in DHCP but reserve its address on the router via MAC so that you can be sure that, while working in DHCP, the box always takes the same address. All routers allow this mode.

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• Hi Spaeleus, thank you for your advice.

I am using Dm7020Hdv2 with OpenHdf old image as there is no newer image from DreamboxUpdate site for this box anymore.