WARNING: Misuse of swaproot binary in NOT AUTHORIZED Plugins

• Hi!

Because the number of users who try to flash their Dreambox with Plugins which use NOT AUTHORIZED copies of my swaproot binary I have to post this WARNING!

My swaproot binary is ONLY safe to be used and run with the latest version of the binary itself within the latest Version of my dBackup Plugin running in a DreamOS based image!

THEIR work is therefore a MISUSE of MY work without AUTHORIZATION!

The providers of such plugins either try to use old, outdated binaries which are NOT supporting flash layout of latest Dreamboxes OR they pretend that they have overcome the built-in copy and misuse protection, or they give advice on how to patch checks out of my Feed Plugin and my other Plugins which PROTECTS the users agains the consequences of such misuse.

DO NOT trust them, because instead they are intentinally risking to DAMAGE your box beyond the capabilities to repair for a normal user.

Instead of stopping such misbehaviour they try to open threads in this and other boards under various usernames, where they innocently ask for help on how to repair their own and their users boxes which 'suddenly' are not booting anymore.

This is NOT an acceptable approach to cover their misbehaviour and wrongdoing!

gutemine

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• gutemine

Hat den Titel des Themas von „WARNUNG: Missuse of swaproot binary in NOT AUTHORIZED Plugins“ zu „WARNING: Misuse of swaproot binary in NOT AUTHORIZED Plugins“ geändert.
  • Reichi

Hat das Thema geschlossen.