Buiding latest krogoth do not build latest packages vs DP original image packages

• We are building latest krogoth and trying to get SimpleRadio to work with it.

I get this error:

Searchin around I see that python-twisted-web are not the same version in our dm7080 image compared to original image on dreamboxupdate unstable version. Checking against stable version it is also not the same version.

Original unstable version is 14.0.0.r0.5

Original stable version is 14.0.0.r0.2

Our krogoth build is 14.0.0.r0.0

I think that many other packages in our image is not UP TO DATE, and that is the reason why our image does not run SimpleRadio, like dp original image do.

Any help on this issue?

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

• You can ignore revision differences. Revision is increased with every build. There are some adjustments required to get rid of the ssl error. I think the code was posted in this forum previously.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Thanks dre for answering but could you explain further. What code adjustments are you talking about? In SimpleRadio or OpenSSL code?

Have searched for for the code adjustments, but cant find it. Any suggestions where I can find it?

• OK, the errors reported here are different than the ones solved here. But the problem is quite likely related to an old version of OpenSSL.

Gruss
    Dre

• I see openssl on dreamboxupdate is newer than the one in our image. Why cant we build images with same package versions thats on dp original image?

Is it enough to upgrade openssl or will it be other packages that has to be upgraded too?

But first of all, it has to be a way to build images that is par with the original dp image.

• I got it working by installing python-pyopenssl_0.15.1-r0.4_mipsel.deb from dp dreamboxupdate dm7080 unstable.

So no I really want to know how to build a image with all the latest stuff from opendreambox git.

Ghost , you told me once how to build images with latest changes of enigma2 plugins, but that did not build the latest packages with e.g python packages.

The fix for that was adding INHERIT += "opendreambox-autorev" in /conf/local-ext.conf

Is there something like that for python packages also?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit () aus folgendem Grund: added more specific info

• When you build an image in krogoth, it has the same version of all packages as when ghost builds it. The same for pyro. But package versions between krogoth and pyro can obviously be different. SimpleRadio is only available for pyro if I'm not mistaken. So, you try to build a plugin that is only in plugin branch master (pyro) for dm7080 which is branch 4.3 (krogoth).

Gruss
    Dre

• I understand that SimpleRadio was ment for pyro, but it works fine with DP's krogoth image too. So why cant we build krogoth image that is par with the dp image? I cant understand that. I thought that would be the case when you pull the latest updates from git opendreambox.

We have users of our images that wants SimpleRadio to work and says it does so on every other krogoth based images out there.

DM7080 - Dream Property image = python-pyopenssl_0.15.1-r0.4_mipsel.deb

DM7080 - Peter Pan image = python-pyopenssl_0.15.1-r0.0_mipsel.deb

...that is the difference from SimpleRadio working in krogoth branch.

So again, the question is: How can we pull the latest versions of all packages from git?

• Sorry, but you haven't understood the concept of version and revision

Both DP and PP have python-pyopenssl in version 0.15.1. You have revision 0.4 because you have built the packages 4 times already but it's still identical to DP's version.

You might face the problem because pyro and krogoth use different versions of twisted or whatever. But anyway: if you feel that you need a newer package than it's up to you to upgrade the version. But you need to know what you're doing.

Cloning opendreambox and building an image will end up 1:1 the same like DMM building it.

Gruss
    Dre

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dre ()