Krogoth branch not possible to build anymore

• I would assume it has to go into python2.7.bb (or however it's called). The above error could be a consequence of their "blocker"

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Well after some heavy read up and help from the dark side i figure it out and now can build krogoth image on all Linux distros with VMWare and or Windows 10 (Ubuntu 18.04 lts) :smiling_face:

I have successfully built on Debian 9/10 Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/20.04

And Windows 10 Ubuntu 18.04 LTS app

No need for any complicated docker image

Image that build fastes on my computer was Debian 9 stretch

Thanks to dre for keeping me motivated and for always helping us less skilled but learning users

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• Well issue is in the python-ioctl as we reported there was an issue with setuptools and setuptools-scm

After lots of reading and some help from the darkside we manage to figure out that python-ioctl was trying to install setuptools/setuptools-scm but the package is already installed and the files are owned by that package.

This caused the build crash. So if you re write the git file for python-ioctl then you can pretty much build in any linux distro of your choice.

I even manage to build an image with the Windows 10 Ubuntu 18.04 lts addon/app but there you need to install the same recommended extra files as for pyro and the dpkg utils.

Debian 9 strech only need your first 2 fixes and the tweak in the git file and then you can build without the need for any extra installation.

Again thanks for your help i would never been able and figure this out without you advices :smiling_face:

• Hallo,

ich verstehe einfach nicht, wie man das setuptools-scm Problem löst.

Ich habe die Datei python-setuptools-scm_3.3.3.bb erstellt, aber die Datei wird nicht bearbeitet. Was mache ich falsch ?

Viele Grüße

Axel Lanser

• Ich würde einfach mal nur die setuptools-Version erhöhen. Vielleicht reicht das bereits.

Pfad: <oe-root>/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/python

Dort python-setuptools_32.1.1.bb reinkopieren und python-setuptools.inc

python-setuptools_32.1.1.bb:

python-setuptools.inc:

Versuch doch bitte mal, ob das bereits ausreicht.

Gruss
    Dre

• Problem is not the setuptools problem is that python-ioctl is trying to install setuptools. But since setuptools already is installed this fails.

I have an ugly fix for but was hoping that DP then self would overhaul the repo and fix this issue

• Du sollst python-pip auf Version 8.1.2 anheben wie in Post 30 beschrieben. Wenn du den Link auf das recipe anklickst, dann kannst du unterhalb das recipe für morty sehen, welches 8.1.2 nutzt. Dieses kannst du einfach herunterladen ins gleiche Verzeichnis, welches /meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python sein müsste. Dort solltest du schon das recipe für python-pip 8.1.1 finden.

Gruss
    Dre

• Just unzip this file and move the .bb file from inside the zip file to the location described by dre
    opendreambox/meta-openembedded /meta-python /recipes-devtools /python

Now backup the python-pip_8.1.1.bb by just rename it to python-pip_8.1.1.bak

Re run the make of image and all should work just fine

• It's not required to rename the recipe for 8.1.1. The highest version will be built automatically.

Gruss
    Dre

• Ich nutze das von Reichi gemachte Docker Image opendreambox/build.

Das im Beitrag #30 beschriebene Verfahren die python-pip_8.1.2.bb ins Verzeichnis /meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python zu kopieren habe ich gemacht (einschließlich Benutzer und Rechte zu setzen).

Leider bekomme weiterhin die Meldung "| distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('setuptools-scm') ". (Log angehängt)

Mache ich da ansonsten noch etwas verkehrt?

• Hast du noch was an setuptools-scm gemacht? Es wird ja reklamiert, dass setuptools_scm nicht gefunden wird.

Edit: hm, Nein. Das ist bei den anderen auch so. Kannst du einfach mal ein bitbake -Dv python-pip machen?

Gruss
    Dre

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dre ()

• Das wird ja schonmal sauber gebaut. Wie sieht es mit setuptools und setuptools-scm aus?

Gruss
    Dre

• Code
    oe@krogoth:/oe/krogoth/build/dm920$  bitbake -ccleanall setuptools-scm setuptools
    NOTE: Started PRServer with DBfile: /oe/krogoth/persist-cache/prserv.sqlite3, IP: 127.0.0.1, PORT: 40995, PID: 10662
    Loading cache: 100% |#########################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00
    Loaded 2744 entries from dependency cache.
    Parsing recipes: 100% |#######################################################################################| Time: 00:00:01
    Parsing of 2194 .bb files complete (2146 cached, 48 parsed). 2795 targets, 372 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
    ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'setuptools-scm'

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Es gibt in diesem OE eine bb Datei für setup-tools.

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'setuptools-scm'

Woher bekomme ich das bitbakefile?