Krogoth branch not possible to build anymore

• Trying to build OE2.5 krogoth from scratch, but every attempt ends up with the same error. Tried it from different machines but with no luck:

Using linux Debian 8.6 as suggested and have never had problems with this build in the past. Anyone?

Tried to install setuptools-scm manually, but the package can't be found.

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by FoxyRabbit into this post.

• FoxyRabbit

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Krogoth branch not possible to build anmore“ zu „Krogoth branch not possible to build anymore“ geändert.
  • Suggested OS is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS not Debian 8.6...same suggestion as for seagan: there's a docker image on github. I have never seen the setuptools-scm error on any Ubuntu.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• When you google the error message you find the recommendation to manually install setuptools-scm

Gruss
    Dre

• Have googled my ass off, but the only package I can find is python-setuptools-scm wich is already installed. Every attemt to install setuptools-scm ends with: cant find package. I mistake this is a typo in some recipe or something like that which I cant find.

Never tested with ubuntu before, will do that test. Thanks for sharing thoughts.

Debian has never failed for me in the 15 years either, so this must be an internal error somewhere.

Just tried to do a build from my debian 9 machine also, exactly the same issue.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by FoxyRabbit into this post.

• Install gcc5 (I think that's the best if I remember correctly) and set it as alternative

Gruss
    Dre

• No I got this bitbake error:

fatal: the '--set-upstream' option is no longer supported bitbake error

Googling I see there is a patch for this, where should I put it and from where should I do the 'git am <patch>' command?

Other solutions?

I'm using this clone address:

git clone -b krogoth https://github.com/opendreambox/opendreambox.git

• You habe to adjust it in /bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/git.py

Line 277:

%s branch --set-upstream %s origin/%s

Change to

%s branch --set-upstream-to origin/%s %s

Gruss
    Dre

• Slightly different from the patch I found, but this got me boiling eggs again!

Thanks dre !

Well, it did'nt last long:

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile

| NOTE: make -j 8

| : && /bin/mkdir -p doc && { PATH='/home/ppteam/dreambox/krogoth/opendreambox/build/dm7080/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/automake-native/1.15-r0/build/t/wrap:'$PATH && export PATH; } && /usr/bin/perl ../automake-1.15/doc/help2man --output=doc/automake-1.15.1 automake-1.15

| help2man: can't get `--help' info from automake-1.15

| Try `--no-discard-stderr' if option outputs to stderr

| Makefile:3687: recipe for target 'doc/automake-1.15.1' failed

| make: *** [doc/automake-1.15.1] Error 255

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/ppteam/dreambox/krogoth/opendreambox/build/dm7080/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/automake-native/1.15-r0/temp/log.do_compile.47748)

Do you have a fix for this also?

• Why don't you use the docker-image? Reichi has set it up so that it will work without changes. Otherwise you'll have to applymany more patches.

Gruss
    Dre

• I am trying to understand docker, but cant. I have started docker and now I have this on my command line:

oe@krogoth:/oe$

What do we do from here then? got a hell of permission denied in here! cant make folders

• Hi

I have battle this oe 2.5 krogoth image build. And I must say that this is so complicated.

Just to do a simple image build.

I am in no way an expert but i can build about any image there is for all Enigma2 systems except the damn krogoth :winking_face:

I hade no chance at all until i did setup a VM ware Ubuntu 18.04 just as m0rphU

Yes i even stole your username to be sure i copy your setup as described in your post. RE: Baut jemand mit Ubuntu 18.04?

I Installed docker.io and all the suggested files for docker.

Copy all of m0rphU telnet commands and so far so good everything whent fine just as in his post.

But there it stops. after a good 600 tasks run the most irritating red crapp showed up and everything crashed.

I have attached the crashlog but i assume as always there are a number of pre requested packages that should have been installed to avoid this.

It would be very nice if someone could post a list of pre requested package that needs to be installed :smiling_face:

• So got passed the errors in my post above. Reason I run out of memory.

I am using VMWare 16 pro. Ubuntu 18.04 assigned a 500gb disk

2 Processors with 4 cores and started with 2Gb memory.

To get pass the crash I increase the memory to 4Gb and got pass that error until again the same issue with another compile task.

Now i increase the memory to 6Gb and got pass this error also,

But of cause nothing works as it should and this damn setup tools crapp is here again.

I build the Pyro like nothing with no issues and less memory and cpu assignment and direct from the git without any need for Docker

I hope that maybe Ghost or some of the other devs can shade some light on this. Reichi

dre have been very help full but since he have never encounter this setup tools error then i assume someone else have check this out

Here is the log

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seagen ()

• :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: seriously so we must now swear allegiance to python3 to be able and build an old Dreambox Image :grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face:

But again the only one even taking time to try and digg up some information is dre

I really must say that you always go the extra mile :thumbs_up: where the developers and DP is on some kind vacation :winking_face:

Well let's get down on the knee and start swearing and see if this works :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Again thanks dre for always going the extra mile for less skilled persons like me :smiling_face:

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• No local packages or download links found for setuptools-scm

If I find this package where would it be normal to put this package to get the system find it while building?

I asume building goes wrong because the download link is 'bad'.

or, where is the file running the code where this link is present? We have found a link that works. It might be the solution.